User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: SURE Motorsports products

Street or track?

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Street or track?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Was only one option I believe when I purchased?

Then it would be the Street version as it is black and blue was Track.

Its not looking good for SURE

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Then it would be the Street version as it is black and blue was Track.
    Was the car even driven on a track? In my opinion and engine mount is an engine mount. It should hold up on the street or on the race track if it was made correctly. The track-spec mount might just be stiffer that's all.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

That is nice and encouraging... Mine has been on for about 1000k's (put it on about 2 weeks before all the SURE issues came up, I don't drive her much, even less now she has smokey turbo syndrome).

I am loving the look of the new JBR mounts. I have some AWR but believe now they may be too stiff for my use.

Might be looking at swapping out. I don't think I have any issue with my Street Torq3 but bit of insurance won't hurt

JBR look good, maybe CorkSport?

Peter "SLIXX"

Last edited by SarcasticOne; 26-04-2013 at 09:15 AM.

lol wtf..

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    That's reassuring for the one in my car!!

I was so close to getting the sure ones, so glad i went TT/CP-E combo lol

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    That's reassuring for the one in my car!!
    It's a V1... Hoping you have a V2, bent on a flatfoot shift 1-2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Fark, ive got both the juggernaught and dreadnaught, might have to get them checked thoroughly at next service.

Really disappointed sure has ended up like this, was good to see a new entrant making parts for the 6 seeing as its not made anymore.

Oh well, will stick to places like cpe and 2xs from now on!

Really hoping that the V2 is a great improvement over the V1, certainly looked fairly solid before it went in...

Ignoring the pain of a time to replace the mount, the other issue is that AFAIK noone else makes the the top diff mount? I have only seen the rear one offered.

Maybe CPe or JBR will make one in the future. The JBR engine mount trilogy is certainly looking like it will be purchased in the not to distant future

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Really hoping that the V2 is a great improvement over the V1, certainly looked fairly solid before it went in...

Ignoring the pain of a time to replace the mount, the other issue is that AFAIK noone else makes the the top diff mount? I have only seen the rear one offered.

Maybe CPe or JBR will make one in the future. The JBR engine mount trilogy is certainly looking like it will be purchased in the not to distant future
    CP-E make a rear and Turbine Tech do the front. This is the only proven combination to not have any issues AFAIK.
    Last edited by dazza; 26-04-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

My dreadnought failed exactly the same way. Their v2 mount is aluminium. I discussed this with a metallurgist and his view was that the new one is even weaker and may fracture rather than bend when it fails. On his advice I modified the original dreadnought by welding gussets to the weak spots. It's fine now.

The dreadnought failure on my car resulted in a broken axle. The whole debacle cost me almost $4000. The support from SURE was disgraceful. They wanted my credit card number before shipping a replacement. The SURE version of "lifetime warranty" is that when their piss weak products fail, you buy a new one and ship the failed unit back at your expense. If you're lucky and they chose to accept liability for the failure, you might get the price of your second purchase refunded.

Like so many people I was conned by the slick presentation and packaging into thinking this company had raised the bar. I regret buying these products and starting this thread.

Gone to Volvo

I am slowly removing every bit of SURE I can off the MPS, hopefully should be SURE free within the next 6 months. (who needs a house deposit when you can spend it on shiny new car parts? )

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    OK guys take this as you will, just pulled my sure engine mount, the metal sleeve basically fell out, the busings I can pull out with my fingers fairly easily, its been in for about 10,000km
    Had my car in for a service on Friday, asked my mechanic to change out the driver's side engine mount as the car has recently started to clunk. The mount had been changed at 30,000km so I thought at 180,000km it's probably gone again. I didn't have time to check underneath but SUREly it couldn't be the TorqR6 mount?! It was only in there for about 2 years/80,000km! Well got the call to say that nothing was wrong with the driver's side mount - the REM was stuffed and basically described as per your photo.

Really disappointing considering my car has never seen a track and is 90% driven on the highway. Considering the lack of packaged instructions, I went to the extent of chasing instructions from SURE and followed them to a tee, so install cannot be blamed.

These failures are obviously the result of investment in form over function. Compare that to CP-e, who don't bother making theirs look any different to stock - their difference is in the performance and reliability of their product. When I was buying, it should have twigged that nobody apart from my mechanic will ever see a pretty blue anodised engine mount.

Will share photos once mount has been changed out for new CP-e or OEM mount I still have.

Those who have registered on Mazdaspeedforums.org may have seen this
    I thought it was humorous given the reputation of Sure

This is SURE's idea of their 4th of July Sale... dumbasses

I have sure sri tip and rem and havent had any troubles with my stuff yet.. lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast