User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

The Ralliart colt is no doubt a great car for its price but I needed more space and a slight better touring ride and at that time there were no one selling a good example of a MPS6. A mini-rocket thats not too mini so that I can travel long distances without getting clots in my passenger's legs. My mate had a ralliart colt and he was happy with his and i liked his ride too (he now has a white Golfy GTI now and that was because of space as well).

We all here in the forums here admit there are pros and cons with each and every car and accept to each their own. We have mentioned other cars here as well. Try the above same thing in another forum and believe me, you would get a lot more . It takes a lot to annoy the fellas here and seriously a lot!! Debates here are rather civil. A lot of other forums and yes i've been there are not as forgiving and helpful as this one. My 2 cents and keep the peace..

Do we really have to go through this again?

Andy - do you have anything constructive to add to this forum?
    I suspect not.
    If I'm right, I think you should find something else to do with your obvious large amount of spare time.
    I vote for a real ban

Also, I think you are nothing but a hypocrite.
    We love our MPS in the same way as you love your colt. So what is your problem?
    What you are saying about us, we can say the same about you.
    I can honestly say that this forum is by far the least biased single make group of people I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with.
    If you want to see a bunch of one eyed people, go look at some VW forums.
    Last edited by bd581; 26-05-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    so your saying you have 320kw based on 1456kg and you can actually transfer that to the ground, I doubt that your motor is already tuned hard out of the factory whch you pay the premium $ for. I can get a stage 2 tune from my carand get more power but any engine is not meant to handle 320kw out of a 4 cylinder, you will wreck longevity and loose it wheelspin
    Anything can be achieved with right amount of bits I was at the drags last night and an F6 ute had 1200RWHP!!! it had some serious work and ran a 9.44 1/4 mile, the intake was large enough to suck in my Golf

So in saying, please don't belittle other members efforts with what they've achieved, congratulate them! As those who have pushed the 2.3 DISI Turbo motor to the limits are entering into an area that seldom have ventured, I tip my hat to these guys
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Andy Andy Andy...... We are a forum of great people here.. Despite the shit/bullshit some say and carry on with the people are good to hang with, come on a cruz meet the guys go over the cars. Discuss mods and stuff, boys here are offering you to stop the mouth. Come have a look join in Y not drive a members mps ( drive mine) let them drive urs get reviews?. If you keep on stirring you will be banned.. Have a look at the members rides here most started with MPS's but now have something else Y? cuz they needed something else 'outside the MPS'..( subies,VWs,Holdens,Fords, Mities list goes on)
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 26-05-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Now since you continue to continue to bang on about how your car is just as fast as mine is in a straight line, you should utterly destroy me with your superior handling at the track. Stop beating your chest over the fact that you nearly beat a random MPS on the street one day who you don't know whether he was even running at full throttle or not. Thats illegal ricer boy street racing talk that counts for nothing. www.circuitclub.com.au 13th of June. Sign up, come to wakefield park and show me how fast your car really is. I am willing to be convinced, i've already booked my spot.
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post

You're right guys, must seem like I walked in and kicked the bee’s hive – But what a reaction!!
    Some of you guys still don’t get it do you, there are plenty of other HOT hatches out there and there are definitely some vices in the MPS series 1 & 2 – tramlining, torque steer, weight, getting power to the wheels smoothly, suspension knocks & getting a decent launch. I have driven three of them in the past and these and the cost are the reasons I did not buy one. Quite frankly they just don’t deliver all the hype they are meant to are somewhat disappointing to drive except for the in gear torque. Expensive to buy, run and service for the one trick pony of straight line power.

Half the fun of a hot hatch is getting a few basic mods done and getting massive gain from factory. It is now easy to get the Colt ECU reflashed and we have some guys getting 160fwkw/1130kg which is (142kw/tonne atw) OR (188kw/1130kg = 166kw/tonne at the crank).And BTW a an XR5 is crap around a track which is why we hunt down the MPS which can be beaten in the corners.

I had a run with a silver MPS a couple of days ago and he was going nowhere, literally only gained ¼ of a car length from 0-aprox 120, nothing to brag about when my car only pumps out 155kw at the crank. You can bag other “lesser” cars all you like but it goes to prove the MPS has serious competition in the real world. BTW checked my 0-100 time without a revved clutch start using a timer - 6.2sec. My mate has run a 13.4 400m which isn’t bad for a “WFT shopping trolley”, drive a Colt that’s been improved, I prefer the rawness of an old school thrill of the smaller Colt. Rare and as quick as a JCW Cooper S without the price or the 1450kg MPS FWD. Mitsu marketing is crap - agreed, always has been, hence they don’t sell performance cars well but they have made some other awesome cars –GSR, VR4, Starion, 3000GT, FTO, EVO the proof is out there and we enjoy the unique rarity.

Cheers

Andy, no one here is bagging any car. We're all grown ups. We can all recognize and respect a performance vehicle, large, medium or small. Big points for you being an advocate of your chosen ride, but recognize you're also being a hypocrite by "bagging" (your words) our cars.

Frankly everyone here has been quite patient with your childish baiting. I hope I never see you on the road. It's people like you that bend power poles, get others killed or maimed, it's why the police force spend millions on hoon advertising.

We could ban you, that would be easy. But we don't. Grow up and be a man (you're married???).
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Andy Andy Andy...... We are a forum of great people here.. Despite the shit/bullshit some say and carry on with the people are good to hang with, come on a cruz meet the guys go over the cars. Discuss mods and stuff, boys here are offering you to stop the mouth. Come have a look join in Y not drive a members mps ( drive mine) let them drive urs get reviews?. If you keep on stirring you will be banned.. Have a look at the members rides here most started with MPS's but now have something else Y? cuz they needed something else 'outside the MPS'..( subies,VWs,Holdens,Fords, Mities list goes on)
    your car needs to be working first
    and he aint driving mine and feel free to take a MPS on in a race track, but please keep it off the roads, i dont want my pride and joy getting smacked by some idiot driving in a dangerous manner

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Winner!
    agreed
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 26-05-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    your car needs to be working first
    and he aint driving mine and feel free to take a MPS on in a race track, but please keep it off the roads, i dont want my pride and joy getting smacked by some idiot driving in a dangerous manner
    @ Sam. Good things to those who wait.

This is Sams way he shows affection

We should all go Wacing!

www.circuitclub.com.au

Andy invite the Colt club to come

Wow I have missed this what a shame I have nothing to add to what you guys have said , where did we get this goose from... Sorry to say but what gives you to join here and rant on, it's a big place ??????? <<..>>
    Last edited by 240MPS; 26-05-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Missed this one...entertaining!

Cliff notes...he didn't buy a 3 MPS because he couldn't afford one, so now he says a modded RColt can have the same or better power/weight than the 3 MPS. Err no sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post

Nice one!

an XR4, Clio or Polo are all better platforms to work off anyway. If I wanted a car that small I would get all of these ones before a Colt.

There's a CRX on carsales with a B18 in it for 18k. Mmmm B18 goodness.

Clio for me man 100% If there size wasn't as tiny as they are would of got one over the MPS... Intake, Exhuast and maybe cam n' tune would haul arse for a N/A 2.0 plus best chassis on a small car!

polo R when it comes out next year for me (hopefully...)
    170-180kw of golf GTI engine, in a 1200kg AWD package

either that or a rotary

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    polo R when it comes out next year for me (hopefully...)
    170-180kw of golf GTI engine, in a 1200kg AWD package

either that or a rotary
    sounds the goods sam... if only i didnt spend so much money on mine already

Who buys a performance car/hatch and considers fuel economy anyway?

Just saying....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast