User Tag List

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Best tyres for 3MPS's

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    All part of the learning process for someone who knows very little about cars cept how to check the oil and water, how to change a tyre and how to make it all sparkly and shiny .
    That's more than a hell of a lot of people Linda
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Leelu did you happen to talk to option1garage about the scratches and blemishes they caused on your rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    That's more than a hell of a lot of people Linda
    Based on my experience on the weekend, around 1/4 of people have no idea they need to check their tyres, and majority of them have no idea where the valve for said tyres is
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

All I can say is USE YOUR OWN PRESSURE GAUGE.

Last time I did my tyres at the servo, I set the auto thing to 38psi and then my ride quality was so bad I checked them again when I got home and they were well over 50 PSI!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    All I can say is USE YOUR OWN PRESSURE GAUGE.

Last time I did my tyres at the servo, I set the auto thing to 38psi and then my ride quality was so bad I checked them again when I got home and they were well over 50 PSI!
    Damn, that's scary. I'm calling into Autobarn for a pressure gauge next weekend...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Based on my experience on the weekend, around 1/4 of people have no idea they need to check their tyres, and majority of them have no idea where the valve for said tyres is
    And for years I've been saying that part of getting your licence should be a lesson on car maintenance.
    Just things like how to check tyre condition and tread, how to change a wheel, checking water and oil.
    I think just some simple things like that will reduce accidents.

But back on topic.

Had my federal 595 for a couple of weeks now (front only)
    Very happy so far, bit noisier than the khumo ku23 I had before, but not bad at all. Far more stable at speed, bit more comfy (probably more to do with higher profile than the khumos I had)
    Not going to say they are the best tyre, but they are excellent value for money at (my price) $140ea fitted, on eBay $125ea plus freight and fitting.
    Perfect if your on a budget or don't drive hard so don't really need super sticky tyres.
    Only complaint, very minor, they get a flat spot when parked for a while. So you get a vibration through the car. But that's gone after a few hundred meters.

I'm in need of new tyres all around for my Gen 1 MPS, can anyone reccomend me anything, preferrably not to expensive. Thanks

man read through this thread.. there is all the information you will ever need

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    man read through this thread.. there is all the information you will ever need

What? You mean a thread titled "Best tyres for 3MPS's" might contain some information on tyre choice for Mazda 3 MPS? No...

... Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post

What? You mean a thread titled "Best tyres for 3MPS's" might contain some information on tyre choice for Mazda 3 MPS? No...

... Are you sure?

Bwhahahaha you took the words right out of my mouth Jeevy

There's another thread called the tyre review thread. Search it n uwill get ur answers. If u have further q's then ask it here

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    I'm in need of new tyres all around for my Gen 1 MPS, can anyone reccomend me anything, preferrably not to expensive. Thanks
    For starters; read this entire thread!

13. Default

This is perfect, I have been wonderimg what tyres are best.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    Leelu did you happen to talk to option1garage about the scratches and blemishes they caused on your rims?
    Emailed to make contact and explain the issue (as I prefer yo have stuff in writing), and said I would email pics. Got an email back acknowledging my email and to say that Storm, the tyre manager wasn't in that day and if i could email the pics, that would be good. Have emailed pics and heard nothing back as yet. Will follow up with them again this week.

Sent from my iPhone by LeeTapatalk =P
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

This is a sticky in handling/wheels/tyres
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ew-thread.html

OK - my OE Bridgestones had done 24,000 and just about stuffed. I read this whole thread (yes, really!) and eventually came to a few conclusions. Firstly, you guys in the Eastern States seems to get excellent prices on your tyres. Secondly, I decided that I would stick with the original size tyres.
    So, I bought a set of Kumho KU 21's. I took them for a fang through the hills on the weekend in wet and dry conditions. Not too bad at all. They seem less noisy than the originals, but at 38 pounds seem to ride just a tad harder.
    I will report later when they have done a few thousand kays.

17. Default

I like the original RE050's, seem to have pretty good wear and HELL grippy. Not that cheap to replace though. TOYO Proxes 4's would be the next choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SHMIKOS14A View Post
    I like the original RE050's, seem to have pretty good wear and HELL grippy. Not that cheap to replace though. TOYO Proxes 4's would be the next choice.

I would recommend you chose something else. The Proxes4 was a bit of a let down for me...

19. Default

I have pirelli Pzero's... love them!

Update on my KU36's - 7000km in and no sign of inside wear or much wear at all yet. Fulcrum Browns Plains did the original wheel alignment and second one 2weeks ago. Have been running 40 in the fronts an 38 in the rears and checking this every time I fill up (with an exception here or there). I'm stoked with them so far .

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast