User Tag List

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    My knocking noise happens when you slow down (knock) and then take off (knock) (slow or fast)

I have been trying to replicate the noise but it happens about 35% of the time and cannot seem to work out what I am doing to replicate the sound so I can show my dealer. The only thing I can ascertain from this forum is; hot, cold or warm it can still make the noise
    Hey Slixx,
    Best way to try replicate this noise is handbreak on, engine running, engage 1st gear and (i know it doesnt sound good, but doen no harm) let the clutch out to friction point and quickly disengage it. You should have someone standing over the engine bay (standing to the side please) and after a couple of attempts they should be able to point out the area the noise is coming from!
    I have shown Mazda this and they are yet to come up with a solution other than trying to blame the Corksport airbox and even had the nerve to note it down on my last invoice that the noise is "coming from an aftermarket transmission mount". Losers!
    Good luck!

Ok so I dropped off my vehicle to Garry & Warren Smith Mazda to report to them that the sound I was hearing was loose wheel nut. Justan who served me was very curtious and although didn't admit fault treated me with respect and ensured me that they would look over my vehicle and check to make sure everything was in order

I also mentioned the Mould on the GPS, Sleepy Cruise Control and my worn mat. The screen and Cruise Control he told me they would fix and the mat he said he will see what he can do

He offered me a free loan car and as I was about to leave offered to activate the Auto Lock feature as he has had about 20 calls about it. I happily accepted

10/10 for Garry & Warren Smith

Sent from TapaTalk

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Great stuff Pete

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I got my car back from Garry & Warren Smith

- GPS Screen on order (2-3 weeks)
    - PCM updated for Cruise Control
    - Squeak removed from front Seat Belt housing
    - 4 brand new mats
    - Tyre, Wheels, Shocks, Springs fully check. Wheel Alignment done again
    - Auto lock feature activated

The car drives great and the autolock feature is fantastic. Get out of the car and close the door and it beeps. Then walk away and it beeps again and locks the car

The new mats are different from my original. My original drivers one looked like the passenger side, but the drivers side mat now has a foot pad so it doesn't wear through like my last one

Anyone else had issues with their mat?

Sent from TapaTalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314950673.690591.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	9535  

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

5. Default

Nice outcome mate.

I've had mat issues within 6 months.

Dealer ain't helpful. Blaming wear and tear

I told my Dealer these things shouldn't happen but they do. It how you handle the situation afterwards that counts

They were really honest. I guess that's rare these days. But they did tell me (for all the Victorians out there) that them and Penfold Mazda have a nice friendly rivalry and that customer service is key!

Sent from TapaTalk

Hah! Interesting. I wonder if they'll do me a good deal on my next service if I call them and tell them I've been getting my car services at Penfold

Hi Guys

It has been quiet a while since i have been on here, I have been moving around QLD and haven't stopped to visit until now!

I have an EMO Gen 2 2009, 58K on the ODO. And I am getting a noise at low speeds that sounds like something has come loose inside my fuel tank and is rocking back and forth. My fuel gauge still works but reads empty with ~15 litres still in the tank. I don't know if i am imagining it but i get surges in power at times on acceleration.

Anyone else seen this??

Regards MPShiv
    TEAM EMO BLISS...When we cut ourselves.. we bleed AWESOME!

Define "empty"?

My fuel lights comes on with around 15l to go, the bar in the fuel gage shows zero about the 10l mark.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

eek, I get to 2 bars and duck into the nearest servo lol

It's rare I'll wait too long to fill up after the light goes on..... it annoys me too much

12. Default Mazda MPS 2010 fire

Hi Everyone,

I was looking to see if anyone had this problem to but it does not look likeit.

My MPS is not even a year only 20,000ks on the clock. I took it in to Mazda forits 20k service which is $380 if you need to know, they do something to theECU.

The following weekend I decided to go to the gold coastfrom Brisbane about 60km drive as I pull in to a car park I started chocking inmy car from a burning smell, I had my windows down so I thought I came fromoutside. I parked my car and came back about an hour later. When I went tostart the car nothing happened and it would not let me use the override key. Thewhole car had seized. The locks worked and the car still smelled, I checked theengine bay and it looked fine. I called RACQ as it was late at night and got ittowed to Mazda.
    They still have my car and have not looked at it. howeverfrom what they said to me it looks like the ECU and electronics under the dashand burned out. I asked them if this has happened before and they said not inthe MPS, the standard Mazda 3 had a recalled. I asked them if this will becovered under warranty and they could not give an answer, I put a pod filterand Bov on mine and they are trying to get out of it. They are the only peoplewho touched the ECU which was less than a week ago.
    I will know more tomorrow, I am very worried about thecost. However I think after the repairs I will put it up for sale look for acar with a company that is prepared to honor its warranty.

Reiko

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko Khoury View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was looking to see if anyone had this problem to but it does not look likeit.

My MPS is not even a year only 20,000ks on the clock. I took it in to Mazda forits 20k service which is $380 if you need to know, they do something to theECU.

The following weekend I decided to go to the gold coastfrom Brisbane about 60km drive as I pull in to a car park I started chocking inmy car from a burning smell, I had my windows down so I thought I came fromoutside. I parked my car and came back about an hour later. When I went tostart the car nothing happened and it would not let me use the override key. Thewhole car had seized. The locks worked and the car still smelled, I checked theengine bay and it looked fine. I called RACQ as it was late at night and got ittowed to Mazda.
    They still have my car and have not looked at it. howeverfrom what they said to me it looks like the ECU and electronics under the dashand burned out. I asked them if this has happened before and they said not inthe MPS, the standard Mazda 3 had a recalled. I asked them if this will becovered under warranty and they could not give an answer, I put a pod filterand Bov on mine and they are trying to get out of it. They are the only peoplewho touched the ECU which was less than a week ago.
    I will know more tomorrow, I am very worried about thecost. However I think after the repairs I will put it up for sale look for acar with a company that is prepared to honor its warranty.

Reiko
    (note, i removed the white colour as i couldnt see it on tapatalk)

ouch... that's crazy, first i've heard of something like that happening...
    to actually burn out the ECU and electronics requires something pretty serious to go wrong (like, over-clocking/over-working the electronics)... and a pod filter + bov shouldnt do this...

to avoid a warranty claim, mazda have to prove what you did caused it... dont let them tell you otherwise

good luck, keep us updated

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

14. Default

Thanks SarcasticOne, Thats good information. I Will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    to actually burn out the ECU and electronics requires something pretty serious to go wrong (like, over-clocking/over-working the electronics)... and a pod filter + bov shouldnt do this...
    I lol'd. Electronics fail all the time... It was more than likely a manufacturing fault, unless you damaged the wiring/harnesses during or after the install of any of your intake. I would check the loom near the battery box, as this is a common problem with rubbing.

16. Default

Everying in the engen Everything in the engine bay is perfect. The new intake runs down past the gear box, so the pod filter sits under the grill and adios everything. I checked everything after the car failed and it was fine, all the harness looked new, no blown fuses or burnt wires and the battery was fine and giving the correct voltage. The smell was coming from inside the car.
    bay is perfect. the new intake runs down so the pod filter sits under the grill. it avios everything. i check eveything after the car failed and it was fine. The smell was stringer inside the car.

There has been more than one instance where aftermarket SRI/TIP combinations have rubbed on the ECU wiring loom resulting in an electrical fault.

If this is what's happenned then they are right to deny your warranty claim. They still need to prove that is what caused it tho.

18. Default

That is not the problem, I checked to see if there wasany damage and there was none, also my cold air intake is custom and bolts ontomy gear box so there really isn’t much movement and there is nothing close bythe it can rub against. I just spoke with Mazda on the phone and they said thesame thing they could not find any physical damage to and do not know whatcaused the problem. What they do know it they the ECU is cooked and the immobilizeris not working correctly. They asked me if I had it tuned which I didn’t as Iuse it for a work car and need it to be covered by warranty. They have orderedthe new ECU and will install it tomorrow and will be able to see what causedthe problem in the first place.

Random equipment failure then, that happens sometimes. It's what warranties are for.

20. Default

hi..

i'm from Malaysia...

hav this headlamp condensation problem since the 3rd month of owning the car..

1 of my fellow MPS got the lamp replaced because his watery lamp burned out.

i've reported the issue to the service center and the had rejected claims for condensed headlamp and their explanation was .. due to nature incidence, unavoidable and happens to all CARs..
    and was told Mazda HQ Japan refuses all these claims and hence .... you gotta live with the aquarium headlamp..

they will only warrant a replacement if the lamp blacks out. or else.. you'll have to live with it..
    i was Fkin furious with their explanation.. and well.. my headlamp finally got it self tripped.. and they are arranging the replacement..

and now... my passenger side headlamp got itself sucked some water as well!! double whammmyy...
    yet to notify them due to long NY holiday...

will see what are they gonna say with this...
    Last edited by ex660; 02-01-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast