User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

what would happen if you got the ecu update and then later with the AP, flashed a map to the ECU. would you loose the update and have the cruise control problem again?

2. Default

Nah, the maps that are flashed by the Cobb AP don't touch any of the tables for cruise control. Your existing ECU data is backed up when you initially flash as well.

Anyone else have this problem? When I drop under 100Km worth of fuel left, I go and fill up say half and it doesn't register on the fuel gauge (both). I have to fill it up until click if I want it to show again. If i fill up over 100km...works fine, shows exactly how much I filled up. This is doing my head in!

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Anyone else have this problem? When I drop under 100Km worth of fuel left, I go and fill up say half and it doesn't register on the fuel gauge (both). I have to fill it up until click if I want it to show again. If i fill up over 100km...works fine, shows exactly how much I filled up. This is doing my head in!
    Running ethanol?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

Anybody here had success with an out of warranty snapped fuel baffle / fuel tank replacement? My baffle has let go on my 2010 gen poop.
    Whats the $damage im looking at? $900 for a tank?

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

As I replied to you mate, any dealership that does not fix this for free is criminal

Mazda are aware of this fault and it is inherent in GenII SP25 and MPS models. Mazda have a full white paper about it and it should be handled even out of warranty

I would be writing a letter stating that you are part of this club and have had many members have theirs replaced and ask for them to do the same out of GoodWill and give them the opportunity to show the Mark of a genuine Brand in he marketplace

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

There is a tsb for it, known issue. Don't pay a cent.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Running ethanol?
    Nope....plain ol BP ultimate 98.

I too have the loose baffles in the fuel tank of my 2009 SP25 (75k on the clock) and my Mazda dealer in Brisbane has told me that because it's two years out of warranty, neither they nor Mazda Australia will provide a fix at their expense.

Options I was offered were 1) replace tank at ~$1200 or 2) remove the baffle by dropping the tank and accessing it via the fuel pump hole at ~$350.

Firstly has anyone had any success in hassling Mazda Au and getting any recompense? Secondly what wold be the consequences of just removing the baffle? The dealer says I may hear some sloshing around but otherwise it should be OK
    Does anyone have any other advice on this?

Thanks
    P

I would write to Mazda Australia in a professional written letter stating that this is a known issue. Your Dealership is just lazy and doesn't want to fight for you

Mazda Australia is quite aware of this issue and is responsible to fix it. I'm not sure who the ombudsman is for this issue, but research should be made and Mazda Australia should be warned that no action will comply with you notifying them

Customer Service should always prevail in these situations and Mazda needs to make sure they don't lose future customers

Tell them you are part of a club who's members have had these issues resolved in and out of warranty. Tell them how much you respect their brand and that you would expect better customer service and quality assurances from their products, their company and their representatives

Send them the letter, forward a clearly marked copy to the specific dealership and follow up in 2 weeks time

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Only problem I have ever had with my gen 2 is when my fuel tank goes under 100km ...if I fill it with a bit of fuel (not full) , it doesn't register. When I fill it totally full, it shows full! Bloody weird!

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Only problem I have ever had with my gen 2 is when my fuel tank goes under 100km ...if I fill it with a bit of fuel (not full) , it doesn't register. When I fill it totally full, it shows full! Bloody weird!
    I believe your issue is connected to what Slixx, pjama and other are talking about. I had the rusty gate noise, it disappeared but now I have the same issue as you with the Fuel gauge. I have my 120,000 service in a couple of weeks. I will see what Mazda says.

Oh cool let me know...very interested! Probably just a sensor..

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    There is a tsb for it, known issue. Don't pay a cent.
    Any chance you have the tsb document or number ec..?

the dealer is thinking faulty fuel sender for my fuel gauge issue

Can the baffles cause issues with the gauge?

I had a rattle before I had the fuel gauge issue. Rattle went but straight after the fuel gauge plays up and I therefore think both the two are linked.

Just an update as to where I'm at with this:
    I took Slixx's advice (Thanks Slixx) and wrote to Mazda Australia outlining the issue, the research I'd done, what options the dealer offered me, how I was a Mazda enthusiast and disappointed with such an expensive repair on a static part and would appreciate their assistance.

Anyway within a week of sending the letter I had a phone call from Mazda Australia saying they received it and will consider it in the next few days. After a few days they asked me to send photos of the tank. That took me about a week to get and send those. A couple of days after that I got a call from the Mazda dealer saying Mazda Au will provide a new tank free of charge however the labour will not be free and be about 3 to 4 hours. After a bit of discussion they came down to 3 hours at $400 total. I think that's still a bit steep but it's a lot better than $1200. I feel Mazda Au have been quite reasonable but the dealer isn't really doing me any favours considering I have had my car serviced with them exclusively since I've had it.

I think despite the fact I'm not the original owner, the car having low Ks and having only been serviced by Mazda dealers probably worked in my favour as well.

Meh there is no way i'm getting mine replaced for free! I don't go near mazda. I just always fill up before 100km and it shows the correct amount. Maybe one day I might get it checked, but not on my priority list to spend big $$ on a new fuel tank!

17. Default

@pjama youre lucky, i too wrote to mazda, and got the whole nope.. youre out of warranty + extended warranty period, unfortunately we cant replace it out of good will due to it being out of warranty blah blah blah blah blah.

Ended up pressing the baffle back into place. AP logs still fine, only issue is now occasionally if i fill up from under 1/2 tank the fuel gauge wont top up , it will take about 30kms before it reaches the top.

Update - my issue surprise surprise was the baffle and not the sender.

Mazda not taking reasonability for their stuff up, which means I will pay.

Since its a known manufacturing issue and not just a normal warranty claim, you could try getting the tsb and any other evidence together and contact the ombudsman to put a bit of pressure on Mazda.

Just had the same issue with the baffle in my MPS fuel tank. No luck from Mazda Aust in getting them to cover the cost of the part

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast