User Tag List

Thread: White smoke when air con is turned on

Default White smoke when air con is turned on

Hi guys/girls

Got a 08 3mps, have noticed a couple times recently that when having the aircon on in my car it has started to blow some good smoke as in heaps of white smoke and smells like s*%+, turn the aircon off smoke gone and car seems fine. Has anyone had similar problem or know what I am talking about.
    Cheers hopefully this is In the right thread, I have looked through other write ups could not find anything specificly related to aircon and smoke.

Where's the smoke coming from?

Tail pipe or engine bay?

Tail pipe

Quote Originally Posted by msl7588 View Post
    Tail pipe
    Honestly, never heard of it being related to air con... Usually smoke out tail pipe means turbo is shot...

All I can think of is that it changes the vacuum in your intake, which means more smoke appears...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you have an AP you can try increasing the idle RPM. If it goes away then probably turbo seals. Its odd that it only happens with the aircon on though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. Default

Or Maybe this is the only time you have noticed it?
    When my turbo started blowing smoke, I never really noticed it until stopped at a light with aircon on smoke gass'ed the guy behind me, if I had taken off I would've done a houdini and disappeared on him.
    When that occured, I started paying bit more attention on idle, and after driving it home from work I would let the car idle for a good 3-4 mins and smoke came out again.

Give that a shot, unfortunately it sounds like a blown turbo - good time for an upgrade