User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: COBB AP FOR MPS!!!!!! Inside!

1. Default

Looks like you guys are using all the AP has to offer. Im glad you guys finally got it over there

2. Default

Bump anyone need an AP?

3. Default

any good prices or specials Eric?

Emailed JP Had questions, but i think i might just get one and jump on this boat!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Emailed JP Had questions, but i think i might just get one and jump on this boat!

Hey good sir did he get back to you ok?

Well i haven't gotten nething back in about 2 weeks :S But i bought an AP on the weekend anyway off you guys..... lol It was just general questions i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@edgeautosport.com View Post
    Hey good sir did he get back to you ok?
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

A question which i have tried to find the answer to and not had much luck. Once you have put the flash tune in does the AP have to remain connected, or can i leave it out of the car?
    I only ask as i have an ultragauge that monitors boost / fuel pressure / temperatures already and would like to keep using it.
    If anyone knows it would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    A question which i have tried to find the answer to and not had much luck. Once you have put the flash tune in does the AP have to remain connected, or can i leave it out of the car?
    I only ask as i have an ultragauge that monitors boost / fuel pressure / temperatures already and would like to keep using it.
    If anyone knows it would be appreciated
    Don't have to leave it connected

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I was going to try and get some house savings this month, looks like that isn't happening...

Guys i've go a few Q's:

I think this was partially answered above but the LC and FFS is set the AP and then its uploaded with the tune yes? Or do you need to have the Cobb plugged in for these functions to work?

Second is i've got a Custom Mazedit tune will the Cobb AP still work for me or does it need the OEM mazda software on the ECU. If so does the Cobb save this as the stock tune and i can, i revert back to it from the different Cobb Maps if need be?

James
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

The maps will have FFS and LC already on it, then go to Cobb and request the access tuner software then you can set it from in the program and load it up with the desired rpms you want for the functions.

Itll ask if you want to save the stock ECU map for when you uninstall it, takes about 30mins for it to do so. I did it to mine just in case, safer to have it. I'd assume it would save whatever you have on the ECU now.

I second the above.

Awesome news then, also if I was to purchase a second hand Cobb AP, is it still just plug and play on my car or do i need to update it or notify cobb? My mates with there Blufins on there vXR's and Rs 250's need to pay a $200 transfer fee :S

Im pretty sure the AP is paired to the car it was first installed on. If you want to run it on another car you have to unpair it - it will reinstall your original map (which is why you MUST back up during initial install) - and then you pair it to a new car.

So based on the above, yep you can buy a second hand one and use it but the original owner will go back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    Im pretty sure the AP is paired to the car it was first installed on. If you want to run it on another car you have to unpair it - it will reinstall your original map (which is why you MUST back up during initial install) - and then you pair it to a new car.

So based on the above, yep you can buy a second hand one and use it but the original owner will go back to stock.
    Ahhh ok i think i get you, the AP won't go onto another car while its tune is saved onto the original ECU and the only way to wipe the AP via uploading the original tune to the original car.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Ahhh ok i think i get you, the AP won't go onto another car while its tune is saved onto the original ECU and the only way to wipe the AP via uploading the original tune to the original car.

Yep, basically the AP is 'installed' once on a car and VIN locked, however you can 'uninstall the AP' which removes the VIN lock (like if you need to sell it so someone else can install it, or you want to take you car to a Mazda dealer for servicing ). Just like the Hyerptech, both are VIN locked to one car at a time.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

So I finally received my very own Cobb AP today.

My car is stock engine-wise, so I loaded up the Stage1-98

Talk about instant happiness. The responsiveness is awesome and just what I have been looking for.

And the pull.... Holy crap, yes!
    Very happy customer, although I think I might get a little addicted

Peter "SLIXX"

Lol that is the ONLY bad thing about it - within a few hours of stage 1 .....you immediately start thinking about stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    So I finally received my very own Cobb AP today.

My car is stock engine-wise, so I loaded up the Stage1-98

Talk about instant happiness. The responsiveness is awesome and just what I have been looking for.

And the pull.... Holy crap, yes!
    Very happy customer, although I think I might get a little addicted

Peter "SLIXX"
    'Addiction' is definitely the WORD ! Have you played with AccessTuner Race yet ?

My fuel economy has gone to crap, not because of the map I've applied, but because I can't resist taking the car into boost every chance I get

This opens up a whole path of mods..mods..mods. I personally think it's a clever tactic by COBB..so you buy more bits for your car just to take it up to the next Stage
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Tru dat!!
    I'm installing it now

What's the difference between the Sure intake v1 and v2

I have a Sure Aeros and TIP but not sure when I finally get round to install them both, which tune to use ?

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast