User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port is coming to Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    just to clarify so once this is available we're able to get tunes from the PERM network or do we go to a local tuner?
    both!
    you'll be able to tune it yourself if you feel up to it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

2. Default

Maybe its too early for this question, but,
    Does anyone know if any of the tuners here are looking at being Cobb Pro Tuners?
    If so, i may just end up with one after all.
    I am not interested in OTS maps or having it road tuned via email.

This is a question I wanted to ask Jim and Brett, surely they would have to look at it. AP is the kind of thing that will eat right into their core MPS business otherwise.

I discussed the AP briefly with Jim at the dyno day, he was keen to look into it more, otherwise, assuming ATR (free) is released any person / shop can tune using the AP, you don't need any special licensing etc, there is a pro version that can be purchased which allows tuners even more features than the free version.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    This is a question I wanted to ask Jim and Brett, surely they would have to look at it. AP is the kind of thing that will eat right into their core MPS business otherwise.
    Exactly, and having the actual hardware device with onboard logging, launch control, Flat foot shifting, among everything else its gotta be the way to go. have multiple maps, ready for flashing. The advantages are endless. But we need a Pro Tuner.
    I would bet Tunehouse will take this onboard.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I discussed the AP briefly with Jim at the dyno day, he was keen to look into it more, otherwise, assuming ATR (free) is released any person / shop can tune using the AP, you don't need any special licensing etc, there is a pro version that can be purchased which allows tuners even more features than the free version.
    Yes true, but id like to see someone who works with Cobb or is more familiar with the whole software package. I believe in the US they have authorised Cobb Pro Tuners, who are recommended by Cobb for tuning with the AccessPort.

I cant say how Cobb go about their selection process, although I thought the "pro tuners" were the ones with the paid tuning software, this allows them to offer services such as e-tuning etc, is there any reason you wouldnt buy an e-tune over a local shop tune?

I will be talking with Jim again soon now that we are making some good progress with testing.

7. Default

Pro Tuners

There are already many Cobb Pro Tuners in Australia. They all tune the R35. I have seen footage of the Mercury Motorsports Time Attack R35 full of AMS Performance parts.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    is there any reason you wouldnt buy an e-tune over a local shop tune?
    The same reason i got Tunehouse to DYNO tune my car. There are many people that can remotely tune with Ecutek also. Much cheaper, but it doesnt interest me to have a car that is tuned on the road. each to their own.

atm i would go with an e-tune for my big turbo build over a local... the PERM guys in the states know their stuff and have a fantastic track record...
    not quite willing to play guinea pig for a local tuner...

9. Default

Very true, they know their stuff. No question about it.

Hi Guys. Ive been looking at tuning my mazda 3 mps for a little while now and have come past this thread. I was hoping to tune it before a dyno day so I researched on the cobb website. Do i only need to buy AccessPORT Replacement Dongle - AP V2 and AccessPORT Flex Mini USB Cable to tune off a laptop with the free software or do i need to use the MAZDASPEED AccessPORT??

Sorry for the ignorance and thanks for ur help

Quote Originally Posted by 08 mazda3 mps View Post
    Hi Guys. Ive been looking at tuning my mazda 3 mps for a little while now and have come past this thread. I was hoping to tune it before a dyno day so I researched on the cobb website. Do i only need to buy AccessPORT Replacement Dongle - AP V2 and AccessPORT Flex Mini USB Cable to tune off a laptop with the free software or do i need to use the MAZDASPEED AccessPORT??

Sorry for the ignorance and thanks for ur help
    there is no software available from cobb for aus spec MPS's yet
    also, no idea what replacement dongle is
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

12. Default

I certainly will be purchasing the Accessport once available.
    Currently I have just an SRI, with 1 muffler and resonator removed. I will be installing a downpipe once Accessport is available, and was just wondering which type/brand would be best suitable with the Accessport? what are most of the cars doing Cobb testing using? I would just like to match as close as possible to what the Accessport has been tuned with, if that make sense?
    (dont wish to hijack thread so please move if needed)
    Last edited by cargle; 18-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cargle View Post
    I certainly will be purchasing the Accessport once available.
    Currently I have just an SRI, with 1 muffler and resonator removed. I will be installing a downpipe once Accessport is available, and was just wondering which type/brand would be best suitable with the Accessport? what are most of the cars doing Cobb testing using? I would just like to match as close as possible to what the Accessport has been tuned with, if that make sense?
    pretty much any DP will do... it's been tested with 100-cel and 200-cel CAT's but they've all been "full length" DP's like cobb/CPE/2XS
    just make sure you get a fuel pump with it

14. Default

Thanks mate, so a new fuel pump is required?, or just recommended for future use/mods?

a fuel pump upgrade is required for any of the stage 2 maps

16. Default

Cheers.

2007 07 Mazdaspeed3/MPS OBD Performance Flash Chip | eBay

does anyone believe it or is it a load of shit? lol ive never heard of it and i dont like the fact of having to splice into your OBD port

does anyone believe it or is it a load of shit? lol ive never heard of it and i dont like the fact of having to splice into your OBD port
    don't know what it is, wouldn't touch it...

19. Default

I had seen them previously, although different make/model, when I had my Skyline, I believe they just play around with voltages to change you airflow readings.. so in otherwords do not touch them.

20. Default

Just waiting on Marketing now, guys. Testing/Validation and maps are all done!

-David@COBB

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast