User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port is coming to Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JapCrap View Post
    Im presuming that LC= Launch Control in the AP correct? If so how do I use it/ activate it?
    Be under 7km/hr, put car in first (or neutral) clutch in... floor it, car holds at 3000rpm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Be under 7km/hr, put car in first (or neutral) clutch in... floor it, car holds at 3000rpm

i dont think it's active on the release tunes. might have to wait for ATR
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    Pretty sure it is... don't have car to test tho

Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

noob question - does the COBB AP remove the power restrictions in 1st and 2nd gear like the Hypertech does ?

Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Pretty sure it is... don't have car to test tho

Seems to be deactivated. I tried it tonight and all i got is some wheelspins and a cloud of smoke

Cant say I've noticed, or tried it on the commercial map release, FFS appears to be working, the exhaust makes that distinct popping noise to let you know.

What does the FFS do anyways? Ive noticed that every now and then when I boot my car theres it seems to feel like it cuts out on fuel, I was basically struggling to speed up and the car was jerking around. That was after I reflashed it

Would u guys that have the ap say that once the torque limiters are removed on say an otherwise gen 2 that it would be as aggressive/ responsive as a gen1?

With the FFS & LC I believe you can activate it through the Cobb Tuning Website, there is an app that will let you put your map in set up the RPM for the FFS & LC and then let you take your map back all set up.

My disclaimer on this is I have not had the need to use the app because my FFS & LC was set up during the testing, I got to say its fantastic!
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

New MAPS are out for intake peeps, have a look at the cobb forum

Installed the Stage 2 MAP this morning at 7:30 lol
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Woooohooooo

Right...now I can understand why everyone (including me) is confused about the HPFP upgrade required or not.

Check this out -

COBB have put up the ADM maps on their website. AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

I've looked at one example, SURE V2 intake maps -

Stage 1 including Intake + TIP/TIH + IC says no HPFP upgrade required -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobbmapsnotes.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	11288

Yet if you look at the map notes it clearly says CDFP/HPFP required -

Stage1+”Intake”+TIH+IC 95 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded intercooler, and an upgraded CDFP only. 95 RON fuel
    minimum. Boost Targets: ~17psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/-
    1.5psi.

Stage1+”Intake”+TIH+IC 98 v230 - Intended for an otherwise stock MAZDA3 MPS vehicle with a stock or cat-back exhaust, a supported intake with TIH, an upgraded intercooler, and an
    upgraded CDFP only. 98 RON fuel
    minimum. Boost Targets: ~17psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~16.5psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/-
    1.5psi.

When you load the MAP in Access Port Manager it also says upgraded CDFP required.

I'll post a thread on the COBB forums and see what Braden says.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Braden just posted to the COBB forums. Looks like they made an error above.

Naasif,

Thanks for the info! We'll be updating the page shortly to reflect the correct information. The map requires an upgraded CDFP due to the demand of fuel at this power level. Some vehicles perform OK without the upgrade, but we would urge you to err on the side of caution and install one before hand.

Thank You,
    -Braden @ COBB

So we're correct in saying Stage 1 map + Intake + TIH/TIP + IC requires upgraded HPFP.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

But Naasif, if you don't have an upgraded intercooler (based on your sig) you don't need upgrade, even once that table is corrected.

Also - i've posted up about some issues with my log if anyone cares to take a look over here that would be appreciated:

Knock retard of 4-5 and Boost off target

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    But Naasif, if you don't have an upgraded intercooler (based on your sig) you don't need upgrade, even once that table is corrected.

Also - i've posted up about some issues with my log if anyone cares to take a look over here that would be appreciated:

Knock retard of 4-5 and Boost off target
    Yep..I wasn't referring to my setup specifically..just noting for everyone else, if they run a Stage 1 map + intake + TIP + IC, be sure note that this setup requires an upgraded HPFP

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Yep..I wasn't referring to my setup specifically..just noting for everyone else, if they run a Stage 1 map + intake + TIP + IC, be sure note that this setup requires an upgraded HPFP

naasif, i believe you have a boost leak.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

My COBB AP finally got delivered this today.

First impressions ...hmm..very mixed..

The hypertech pull in 1st and 2nd is more "out of control", torque steer, you KNOW it's there.

COBB AP, comes on later for me, above 2500rpm, then pulls, smoothly, not as violent, but it does pull.

I only did a couple of runs, 2nd, 3rd gear WOT and then checked the logs. Will see how it goes tomorrow evening.

@Jrbris

are you referring to my map?

Perhaps a boost leak causing lean out - but it's not happening consistently?

naasif, i believe you have a boost leak.
    Hey ? those are SMOKEY's logs not mine.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast