User Tag List

Thread: Hello

1. Default Hello

Hey Guys,
    Just saying hi here, i dont own a MPS but a VW Polo GTI
    although i do always notice a few nice MPS's running around and think, pretty cool car!

Cheers!

Hey mate and welcome!

The polo is a 1.8L? Have you done any mods to it?
    Any plans to get an MPS?

Hi and Welcome

I used to have a Golf GTI, which I traded for the MPS. Will always have a spot in my heart for VWs though

Dan

4. Default

Nah its the new 1.4 twin charge Polo, yeah maybe one day an MPS might make its way into the garage who knows. I would not say no to one.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Nah its the new 1.4 twin charge Polo, yeah maybe one day an MPS might make its way into the garage who knows. I would not say no to one.
    Nice. Complex little engines those 1.4 twin charge units are. Lots of plumbing lol

How do you find the power delivery on them? Is the transition from supercharger to turbo smooth? Would be a bloody hard thing to get right
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

If these had come out 6 months earlier I would have probably got one. Love to know how it is to drive.
    Oh, and welcome

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Welcome

9. Default

Its extremely linear in power delivery, and the transition from super charger to turbocharger is seamless. If you had no idea you'd never guess there was even a transition, it is that well engineered.
    Having said that the supercharger boosts from idle to 3000rpm, instantaneous torque off the line from there on the turbocharger kicks in, at the 3000-4000rpm mark you can certainly feel the engine in the middle of its torque band, it just wants to steam roll away, especially up hill.

Combined with a light chassis and great road manners, its brilliant piece of kit to throw around through a set of twisty mountain black top
    It dident win Motor bang for buck for no reason, i walked away with mine for $32.5k drive away.

Here is a photo of it:

and a dyno chart:

VERY flat power curve. Very nice. A few more herbs would be nice though. HP-F is the place to do that. lol

Very nice mate. Puts out more than the old 1.8lt it replaced by the looks (they were 115kw at the fly from memory).

Gotta love German engineering

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Wicked little car. Modding must be interesting with 2 forced induction technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Wicked little car. Modding must be interesting with 2 forced induction technologies.
    Intake, intercooler, exhaust
    Love the torque curve on that thing tho

to ozmps
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

14. Default

Yeah i have to hold back on the mods unfortunately. The only think i can do is in intake and thats about it. I have been strictly forbidden

Yeah i have to hold back on the mods unfortunately. The only think i can do is in intake and thats about it. I have been strictly forbidden
    Downpipe? If it's anything like the MPS, then no one except you and your right foot will know it's there

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Welcome Very nice looking ride you got yourself!

17. Default

Yeah unfortunately because the model is very new, there are hardly any inexpensive options for downpipes at present. Perhaps in a few more months

Nice ride you have there Enjoy your stay at OZMPS

Very nice car you've got there, never heard of them before

Hi and Welcome