User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Damn!!! Got a CEL.

Hey Cton. Have a word with Chris if u havent already done so. Keep me up to speed with ecuteck as it may well warrant another drive down once chris sorts it out.
    3yrs warranty mate ,so dont sweat the oil leak,stuff happens !. Your mods have nothing to do with oil leak so dont get pressured.Good luck .

2. Default

Yeah, ill have a chat with Chris soon.
    I just want to double check that the cat efficiency code can removed first before i speak with him....
    Hopefully ill find this out early in the week......

Sorry to jump the thread no point starting another one, mine come back on this morning after about 15 k's to work once i hit the bruce hwy within 500mtrs mine comes on opposite to you guys if i recall everyone else is after a hwy run. Lets see normally within 3 or 4 days it goes away this time mine come back on after only 4 or 5 weeks which isn't normal.....

what downpipe/sri are you running 240?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    what downpipe/sri are you running 240?
    I have no dump pipe, just a 2 1/2 in exhaust and my code is temp not coming up on the o2 sensor.. And my std air box has been modified. And of course a Tune...

sounds like you may have a bad sensor my fiiend.. but only a guess

7. Default

Confirmed- ecutek cannot remove fault codes on Mazda at this stage.
    And from what I have gathered, from people ive talked with I'm starting to believe the sensor needs to be after the cat. The Cpe has it after the cat. Having on the extender will avoid one code but it throws another. I think if the sensor is moved closer it just going to throw the cat efficiency code. You can't get a catless dp to not throw a code correct? So if the sensor is before the cat as far as it's concerned it is catless.
    Sorry guys. But I'm just getting a bit over disconnecting my battery twice a week....

I know on the Gen 1 you can run a cat-less car for extended periods without getting a CEL.

Gen 2 on the other hand seems to throw a CEL at any chance. Extending the O2 wires shouldn't cause a CEL. I have done many and not yet had a problem. YET.................

Mine went out when I started the car yesterday morning lasted for 3 or 4 days again and disappears...

10. Default

Yours is obviously a different problem. Mine won't gout on it's own.

11. Default

After driving all this week with the cel on it all of a sudden went back out today.
    I guess I don't need to keep disconnecting the battery. I got a little excited when it went out. Haha

Ha, that's funny, dame deal here. I've had it on full time now since this all began. Then 2 mornings ago, f@&$ing cold, I started the car, no CEL!!!!!

It came back 100m up the road, but for those few moments I had a normal car and I felt good

13. Default

Haha.... 'normal car'
    Yeah we'll see how long it lasts.

That's weird. Mine came off after a freezing cold morning too. Wa back on by the time I got home.

15. Default

^ what code do you get? I would have thought with the cpe dump you shouldn't get one???

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    ^ what code do you get? I would have thought with the cpe dump you shouldn't get one???
    Hey CTON, I know you weren't asking me, but my code is P2096.

CPE's still throw codes on occasion.. contrary to popular belief..

Its just not very often

Yeah mine's gone on and off since I got it fitted. was off for most of the day today but its on again now.. I don't see how a cpe piece of pipe is any better than any other piece of pipe..

I do love how people say brand X tube is better than brand Y..

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    Yeah mine's gone on and off since I got it fitted. was off for most of the day today but its on again now.. I don't see how a cpe piece of pipe is any better than any other piece of pipe..

I do love how people say brand X tube is better than brand Y..
    the cats/design of the pipe matter
    also, the support you get with said piece of metal is rather important
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I probably wouldn't have got the cpe but picked it up really cheap on here. The lights off now so i'm happy. I've seen so many identical design copies in the states now just weld in your own cat for the cost saving..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast