User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 White Mazda 3 MPS on sale in Australia from October 2011

The middle console ( surrounding the stick ) is black out now .. Not bad..

Happy to see there's nothing there that I want over my 2011 June Delivered Alu MPS Even the white colour doesn't do much for me (probably look better with dark tint and dark wheels though )

I wonder how much it will cost though? Will it be at the old lux price the old base price or somewhere in between?

Blugh, I hate white cars, it makes the sexy MPS look plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Can buy a rear bumper kit that has them. Knight Sports

Not fully sold on the look myself. It looks a bit..... bulbous for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Now that....looks hawt. If that came standard I might've considered a trade-in.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Just wondering, does it still have the silver on the steering wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    That looks different to my Gen II. Is this the luxury model ? Looks Like they've changed the stereo control knobs and added more stainless steel trim. Also the gear stick has lost some of its shinyness ?! They've removed the fake silver plastic around the gear stick as well.

Here is a pic of my stereo to compare. I've marked the bits to look at .

Got a wide angle pic of the dash ?
    They only make the one model now and it's LUXURY
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Can buy a rear bumper kit that has them. Knight Sports

Not fully sold on the look myself. It looks a bit..... bulbous for my liking

Has it got a Gen 1 front bar aswell?

looks awesome
    like to see one in showroom
    cheers man

Looks like the price has been announced:

Mazda3 SP20 SkyActiv Debuts In Updated 2012 Mazda3 Line-up For Australia | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications

"On the top shelf is the Mazda3 MPS, priced at $39,490 and gaining auto-on/off bi-xenon headlights with AFS, rear view mirror with auto dimming function and wipers with rain sensing function, along with a Bose 242watt amplifier and 10 speakers."

Looking at redbook, old prices were: MPS - $38,435, MPS Luxury - $41915, so it's only $1k more than the old MPS or $2.5k cheaper than the old MPS Luxury, for the same spec level as the old MPS Luxury.

There goes a bit of resale on my MPS Luxury, ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post

Looking at redbook, old prices were: MPS - $38,435, MPS Luxury - $41915, so it's only $1k more than the old MPS or $2.5k cheaper than the old MPS Luxury, for the same spec level as the old MPS Luxury.

There goes a bit of resale on my MPS Luxury, ah well.
    Well that seals it.... Looks like I'm holding onto mine for a while then. Not that I'm particularly unhappy about that prospect, I just don't like feeling like I'm being forced into it because of resale :/

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Well that seals it.... Looks like I'm holding onto mine for a while then. Not that I'm particularly unhappy about that prospect, I just don't like feeling like I'm being forced into it because of resale :/

+1
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Yeah bit of a shame, though I wasn't really intending on getting rid of it until close to three years old... (and only then if there was something compelling to change to)

Before I ring Mazda I forgot to ask when I was at Grand Prix if it had the 2.5ltr motor, and when I was at Grand Prix Motorsport Graeme wasn't to sure that it's getting the new 2.5ltr anyone know....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Before I ring Mazda I forgot to ask when I was at Grand Prix if it had the 2.5ltr motor, and when I was at Grand Prix Motorsport Graeme wasn't to sure that it's getting the new 2.5ltr anyone know....
    90% certain it's the same motor as the gen 1/current gen 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

From CarAdvice:

The range-topping sports model, the Mazda3 MPS, is now available in just one spec level. Priced from $39,490, it’s $1055 more than the old MPS hatch, but $2425 cheaper than the equivalent MPS Luxury. Like the rest of the range, the MPS’s 190kW/380Nm 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine is unchanged, and continues to drink 9.9 litres/100km combined, while sprinting from 0-100km/h in under seven seconds.

Hasn't it always been a 2.3litre engine?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Yeah, just pointing it out for the benefit of the two posters above...

Yeah, seriously doubt they'd change the engine configuration on such a minor refresh. They'd save that for a Gen III (if it happens)

Yeah, seriously doubt they'd change the engine configuration on such a minor refresh. They'd save that for a Gen III (if it happens)

First drive: Mazda3
    That won’t happen until 2013 when an all-new, all-Sky Mazda3 goes on-sale.
    2 years to go until a full refresh
    current chassis etc stays the same
    the SP20 suspension stays the same as the base models (booo..... what a cop-out for a SP model)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Yeh but the SP25 has a 2.5ltr motor...

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

All good doesn't bother me, I'm pricing the car for delivery to have 300Hp at the wheels. Was just checking to see if it had the same new 2.5ltr as the SP25...
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast