User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What power

Default What power

Hey all I'm new here and also a new owner of a Mazda 3 07 mps, the previous owner has put some love into the car and was wondering what power and psi I should be at.

car has a full exhaust system (cork performance) with a 3.5 ich downpipe, an upgraded inter cooler, its still top mount, it also using a pod filter with a cold air intake system, umm it seems that it's currently pushing about 14 - 15 psi according to my boost gauge..

was wondering if someone with some sort of similar mods would know what power my car should be pushing.. I'm confused on if it has a wrong tune coz apparently the factory psi is about 5 -9 psi and mines pushing 15.

I will be taking it to horse power factory sometime this week or next but unsure of what power I'm to be expecting.

cheers =]

Factory psi is 14 15 psi

sent from my prison cell

Also, pretty sure cork sport exhaust is 3"
    With exhaust, intercooler and intake you're maybe looking around 185fwkw? Maybe less, hard to tell because despite the mods, not being tuned for them means you're not getting near the full benefit of them. With tune might get to 200kw but that depends on the tuner, and how much boost and timing they want to run.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

I forgot to mention its a hatchback not a sedan

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    Factory psi is 14 15 psi

sent from my prison cell

Quote Originally Posted by Haydz View Post
    They all are, unfortunately

Well 1st and 2nd is boost limited not to sure exactly coz i have a 6 but I think its round 10 12 psi but in 3rd WOT your boost target should be at 14 15 psi...

sent from my prison cell
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

HPF?
    Let us know how you go!

Hi alex

Why you going hpf??? Get an cobb ap and get etuned so much cheaper and you learn alot about your car

sent from my prison cell

Hey all I'm new here and also a new owner of a Mazda 3 07 mps, the previous owner has put some love into the car and was wondering what power and psi I should be at.

car has a full exhaust system (cork performance) with a 3.5 ich downpipe, an upgraded inter cooler, its still top mount, it also using a pod filter with a cold air intake system, umm it seems that it's currently pushing about 14 - 15 psi according to my boost gauge..

was wondering if someone with some sort of similar mods would know what power my car should be pushing.. I'm confused on if it has a wrong tune coz apparently the factory psi is about 5 -9 psi and mines pushing 15.

I will be taking it to horse power factory sometime this week or next but unsure of what power I'm to be expecting.

cheers =]
    Got a photo of your car? plz don't block out our number plates... We need to see who's car it is one HPF blow it up
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

11. Default

hmm, well HPF was recommended, not sure where else is better.. speak up if your mazda has been tuned by others and your happy with it.

yep i do have a photo but havnt taken a good one just yet, needs a good clean and will take better photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6zV8jCo.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	15399

My 6 is etuned by rayd..... would not go any other way and so much cheaper and get the same or better results... my 6 200kw atw with stock turbo

sent from my prison cell

13. Default

Hmm... the thing i like about HPF is theres no apprentice working there... i spoke to one of those boys on the phone and they are saying $800 for a dyno tune or a dyno check for like $180 which im guessing they will be honest and say yes your car needs a tune or no it doesnt and here is the power your running....

My 6 is etuned by rayd..... would not go any other way and so much cheaper and get the same or better results... my 6 200kw atw with stock turbo

sent from my prison cell

Hmm... the thing i like about HPF is theres no apprentice working there... i spoke to one of those boys on the phone and they are saying $800 for a dyno tune or a dyno check for like $180 which im guessing they will be honest and say yes your car needs a tune or no it doesnt and here is the power your running....
    Or get an ap get etuned for the same price and if you ever get a CEL or want to monitor anything you just pull your ap out and find out whats happening. .. instead of trying to find time to get to hpf for them read the code and clear it when you can do it there and then

sent from my prison cell
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers

15. Default

got a link of where i can get this thing you speak of?, might look into it

Or get an ap get etuned for the same price and if you ever get a CEL or want to monitor anything you just pull your ap out and find out whats happening. .. instead of trying to find time to get to hpf for them read the code and clear it when you can do it there and then

sent from my prison cell

got a link of where i can get this thing you speak of?, might look into it
    http://www.cobbtuning.com/MAZDASPEED...p3-maz-002.htm

sent from my prison cell

Hi and welcome.
    before making any decision I highly recommend reading the tuning FAQ which is pinned at the top of the tuning sub forum.
    HP-F use Mazdaedit which has some well documented deficiencies, the access port is a far superior tuning tool.

Been Tuned by Spiro ecutek, mrt ecutek, TunrHouse ecutek, Cobb AP tuned by Rayd. Strongly recommend Rayd and Tunehouse!

19. Default

do you recommend HP-F?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hi and welcome.
    before making any decision I highly recommend reading the tuning FAQ which is pinned at the top of the tuning sub forum.
    HP-F use Mazdaedit which has some well documented deficiencies, the access port is a far superior tuning tool.

I recommend you do your own research and make your own, well informed decision

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast