User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS - DOWNPIPE UPGRADE

1. Post Mazda 6 MPS - DOWNPIPE UPGRADE

I have recently purchased a 06 Mazda 6 MPS. I am currently looking in to purchasing a Downpipe for the first upgrade on the exhaust. I have found one on ebay (USA) for $350.00 including postage which appears to be catless. Has anyone ever used this type of downpipe & will i have any issues for going for a down pipe which is CATLESS. Cheers.

Please find the link to the downpipe i am looking at below :

Mazda Speed 6 3" turbo back exhaust downpipe catless: eBay Motors (item 130424174264 end time Oct-22-10 17:12:34 PDT)

you would be better off getting a 100 CEL cat whilst you still can (until jan 2011), i dont think you can use a catless DP in australia...
    plus, that's so insanely cheap that it makes me think you'll have issues with it...

Save yourself the headache with shipping and fitments issues that may have by getting a quality DP from Best Mufflers or CP-e DP from MPS Garage. Both of them are in Sydney so if something does go wrong, you always have a store to go to.

+1 agree. It does seem cheap. If maybe it was twice the price it might be worth considering, but I would be a bit worried of the design and fit. The CP-E downpipe can be an issue to fit (but that's primarily down to getting the stock DP out) I have the CP-E installed on my car as does a mate of mine and a few other guys on here. No problems and it's all legal and catted etc. You may get a CEL just after installation on first cold start since install but after that they're generally all good. Not sure if you will find many people to offer feedback on the particular DP mate. This is the one I have installed on my car, which is currently on special (also if you wish to see pics/info of a MPS6 exhaust, let me know)

mazda-6-mps-exhaust--cpe-down-pipe

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

5. Default

Mitch is selling his dump pipe for the MPS6, check out for sale section

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    +1 agree. It does seem cheap. If maybe it was twice the price it might be worth considering, but I would be a bit worried of the design and fit. The CP-E downpipe can be an issue to fit (but that's primarily down to getting the stock DP out) I have the CP-E installed on my car as does a mate of mine and a few other guys on here. No problems and it's all legal and catted etc. You may get a CEL just after installation on first cold start since install but after that they're generally all good. Not sure if you will find many people to offer feedback on the particular DP mate. This is the one I have installed on my car, which is currently on special (also if you wish to see pics/info of a MPS6 exhaust, let me know)

mazda-6-mps-exhaust--cpe-down-pipe

Old thread revival here, but with the CPE dump pipe, does it mate up to the stock cat or straight into the cat back exhaust system? Does this mean you are only running 1 cat on the CPE downpipe?

I have the Cp-E dump pipe and no it won't directly flange to the stock cat-back system if I remember. The Cp-E is a 3" pipe and the stock is a 2.5" or 2.75" or something. One would have to make a transistion I would imagine, this pic might help a little but note my DP flanges to a 3" mandrel bend mild steel cat-back. Image shown for illustrative purposes

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Thanks. The pics tells me you seem to be running only one cat, which is on the CP-E downpipe. I can see 2 resonators in your mid pipe (2nd resonator I can see in the background - assume it where the y pipe splits).

Did you exhaust guy take out the stock cat?

Correct, just the catted CP-E downpipe, I do have two resonators then a split to a y piece. Which you can see here

I think the catalytic converter is located where the DP now sits. So yes all that was removed. The downpipe and cat is several parts compared to the one downpipe unit. I've had the whole stock exhaust from the turbo back replaced

Dang, how low is that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk