User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: slammin seconds......... strange noise

Quote Originally Posted by mpsmps View Post
    okayyyyy so the CP-E engine mount is now in the car..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!

the car actually really hammers now

its amazing what difference the mount actually makes

10 days till the dry filter comes from MPS Garage (coming from overseas), and then i will whack the CAI in straight away

for the record...... yes I did try popping seconds again... and that clucky sound is still there.. (dont want to diagnose it or do it again).

ONE MORE TIME: THE CAR FREAKIN FLIES... ONLY GOT A TURBOSMART DUAL PORT BOV AND A CP-E 60 DURO MOUNT INSTALLED ATM
    What about vibration from AC etc?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by mpsmps View Post
    okayyyyy so the CP-E engine mount is now in the car..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!

for the record...... yes I did try popping seconds again... and that clucky sound is still there.. (dont want to diagnose it or do it again).
    You should have got the 75 duro then

It would be good to hear it, to diagnose the problem for you
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    What about vibration from AC etc?

With the AC on, there are minimal vibrations... but the vibrations are not the whole car vibrating, like i thought it would be... i can only feel the vibrations through the steering wheel and they are very subtle and its actually quite cool and not annoying at all. keeping in mind i only put on the 60 duro mount.

my car also sounds louder, for some strange reason, its amazing, all i did was put the CP-E mount on and i feel like ive done the exhaust at the same time!

i cant explain it, but for anyone that doesnt have a mount.. F@RKIN GET ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    You should have got the 75 duro then

It would be good to hear it, to diagnose the problem for you

I went for the 75 but they didnt have it in stock.. i might have to come back to that when i finish all the other things on my wishlist..

actually to tell you 2XS, had my mates in the car last night as i was showing off my engine mount, and we tried the above and i can say that the noise is about half as bad/loud as it was without the mount.

Hmmm, it's sounds tempting, but I've already got a decent exhaust on the car now...Definitely don't need more noise/vibration. Although, like you, I was getting the impression from the forum these make the cars less refined. Not the case?

5. Default

the main thing is my car although i have all those parts in my signature,, there not all installed yet.. and just the difference in power that i get from the engine mount is amazing.

i actually believe my car goes about 20% harder, it picks up speed much quicker, and boosts quicker in between gears... its amazing... i was actually thinking to myself that i waited 6 months before buying performance parts for my car, why the hell didn't i just do the engine mount ages ago!!!!!!

if someone just explained that by changing the mount your car will perform better and faster, rather than talking too much about the NVH <---- which is not a major drama nor a minor drama at all

Good to hear

I've had a 75 on order for a couple of weeks. Like you, I was offered the 60 instead, but I'm content to wait it out.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Good to hear

I've had a 75 on order for a couple of weeks. Like you, I was offered the 60 instead, but I'm content to wait it out.
    I cant wait to hear what you have to say about that....

8. Default

I just installed the 60 on Saturday and I can also say the car feels alot better. Smoother gear changes, less torque steer and quicker acceleration. Definitely a good mod to choose.

9. Default

just installed the CP-E CAI... oh my god what a C%$* of a job trying to beat the clock against the sun going down!!

started at 6.45pm.... couldnt wait for the weekend... nevertheless shes in there...

took the trumpet off my BOV and put the blanking plug in there.. CAI sounds awesomee!!!

just took the blanking plug out and put the trumpet back in, and its back to the same BOV noise... the "vrrooooomm CCCcccHHhhh" sound....

u cant be fancy with the throttle as you could with the trumpet off, purely making the CAI sing! (ooohhh which combination do i want!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123