User Tag List

Thread: Changing to coilovers on 6MPS

1. Default Changing to coilovers on 6MPS

So I have just purchased some tein coilovers for our 6 MPS and have been told that they are hard to fit, espoecially the rears.
    Anyway I have lowered plenty of cars before but have not even taken a wheel off this car yet to see what tye of suspesnion setup it has but I cant imagine it would be to difficult.

Is there any tricks are any dramas I need to be prepared for?
    Ill be doing it all on a hoist this Saturday.

there two difficulties/issues:

1. it's the position of the upper strut bolts in the rear that are a PITA. Hope you have small hands, or an extensions and a swivel joint. the rear end subframe that holds the suspension and rear diff get in the way of accessing the bolts that hold the strut in.

2. adjusting the rear damper - you need small hands to get to the knob.

Reasonable write up here:

UPDATED:Hks Hipermax Coilovers!!! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

And here another link on dropping the subframe - the picture to note is the second last pic on the writeup regarding the bolts.

Mazdaspeed6 Rear subframe removal step by step.. - NEMotorSport Forums

3. Default

Ok so I did this while I was at work yesterday & today and it was quite easy, well except for removing the rear shocks. The how to in the link in the above post is spot on.
    I've now got a small clunck in the front end, im not sure what it is but will check it out over the weekend.