User Tag List

Thread: How Much Coolant / Power Steering Fluid Needed for CPE FMIC Install

Default How Much Coolant / Power Steering Fluid Needed for CPE FMIC Install

Hey guys..

Trying to working out What I need Quantities wise for when I (hopefully) get to install my FMIC Kit from CP-e

Apparently it will involve dropping all my coolant and Power Steering Fluid..

What quantities will I need of both for this swap over.

I can't really see it documented any where here on this website...

So wouldn't be good to have on File!?

not sure on that one... but you might wanna just double check that the BOV your looking at getting is compatable... i think for clearance reasons... If you havnt already.

I had a litre of ps fluid, and a 4l bottle of coolant on standby, you dont need to drop all of your coolant, just enough that it wont piss out of the passenger side outlets all over your engine bay when you change that radiator hose over, you can always recycle the captured fluid anyway.

Also, when dropping your coolant, instead of removing one of the hoses like the instructions state, there is a small drain plug on the bottom corner of the radiator (pass side), just pop the drain and you can easily catch the fluid in a bucket, when you have a few litres just screw the plug up again.

Another useful tip, completely remove your intake before doing the FMIC install, gives you a lot more room to work with in that side of the engine bay.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln