User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 MPS has developed a slight miss

When I first bought my second hand 2005 mps 6 had the same problem develop and progressively get worse. even started to go into a safe style mode where couldnt rev above 1500 rpm or so without engine cutting in and out and i had to nurse it home. all sorts of lights where on. reset by unhooking the battery and it would be o.k. for 50 k or so and then start coming back. Took the intercooler off and found the coil spark plug cover on the far left was not on firm and when the dealer had the engine bay cleaned by detailer the chamber is quite deep and was full of water which was causing misfire problem and engine light coming on. took it to mazda and they steam cleaned the chamber as it started to rust the plastic bits somehow. then ran a diagnostic and did something on the tune and fixed the problem straight away. 10thousand k,s later and sideways at every intersection. have you washed the engine bay recently??? might be worth a look

This is something I might consider looking into further as I do recall when I got Mazda to look at it under warranty as it had caused a check engine light (mis-fire cylinder 1 - I think). They cleared the code and swapped the igitition leads between cyl 1 and 2 and asked me to come back if the problem occured again. This miss came back within the 20km's of driving home, but not CEL. I took it back and without a CEL Mazda were unable to recreate the miss.

I then took it to my local speed shop and asked them to look into it as Mazda seemed dis-interested (it was my last service in warranty). They found a bit of water residue in ignition coil well. They tested the coil and found it to be operating normally as far as they could check.

I do however still wonder if I changed the coil to a new one and ensured the well is dry?

Does anyone know if a dashhawk would pick up a problem such as this??
    Red '05 6MPS.

Old thread i know but my 07 mps 6 seems to have a slight misfire that has just occurred noticeable in the higher rpm range and sometime round 3000 odd, it used the have what appeared to be little misses on highway driving, upon complaining about thumping from clutch they decided to pull gearbox housing off to have a look, and found nothing in there and then decided the dmf had collapsed. Well upon a new dmf and clutch the thumping was still there but one thing i did notice it doesn't seem to has those highway speed misses, only these new ones.Given after the car surgery i still don't have a cruise control system that works! grrrrrrrr stopped working while they was playing with it and only works in 3rd :s brake switch was replaced and i recon it maybe the that the clutch has a switch that needs to be looked at like a neutral switch but they aren't to worried about trying to solve this problem. Im going to get mine looked at cause one other thing that changed was my exhaust system shifted back and they cant tell me why, to the point the center pipe had to be cut and the mufflers pulled back and then it was cut again shortened more cause the dump pipe was moving under heavy driving and causing the rear left muffler to hit and rub the chassis. So cut and pulled dump flange forward and rewelded middle section. I have never got any cel light though. from what i have read it seems to be a issue with things.

Default Re: 6 MPS has developed a slight miss

Spark plugs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default 6 MPS has developed a slight miss

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Spark plugs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm with you. Had same problem an was only the spark plugs. Went one step colder and now fixed.

07 MPS6 | Cobb AP | Cobb TIP | Stratified Tune

Corksport SRI | Corksport Airbox | Turbinetech Diff Mount | Autotech HPFP | ITV 22 |
    Sure 621g AGS | Sure Shortcut | Sure Counter Weight | Sure Torque R6 | 19 x 8.5 +48 |
    SU TMIC | 2XS Dump Pipe | DBA 4000 | Whiteline RSB |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12