User Tag List

Thread: Mods & Warranty

Default Mods & Warranty

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but does anyone know how installing this FMIC kit would affect my warrantee?

Any mods will void your warranty. It just depends on your service manager.

Wink

Installing a single mod can't void your warranty. EG. if you install a frontmount and your seat trim comes unstitched or your shocks leak then they will be covered because they are completely unrelated to the mod. If your turbo goes it might be a different story. If you fit a short shifter and you have gearbox issues then you might not be covered but an engine fault is unrelated and should be covered. 2XS is right it can depend on the viewpoint of the service manager but at the end of the day remember mazda can override his decision.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Installing a single mod can't void your warranty. EG. if you install a frontmount and your seat trim comes unstitched or your shocks leak then they will be covered because they are completely unrelated to the mod. If your turbo goes it might be a different story. If you fit a short shifter and you have gearbox issues then you might not be covered but an engine fault is unrelated and should be covered. 2XS is right it can depend on the viewpoint of the service manager but at the end of the day remember mazda can override his decision.
    Basically what i was told by my service manager at Mazda.

If the non genuine part is found to have caused the issue or breakage then it wont be covered.
    Its a tough one

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Spot on. Also remember that if your a good customer (ie. have all your services carried out on time, look after your car well, own or have owned other mazdas) they are more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt

Hi Guys,
    MPS garage at Penrith nsw are supplying and fitting a short shift, aCPE cold air intake, and aHKS blow off valve. Anyone had these fitted and if so, your comments please?

I had a HKS BOV, if they are vented to atmo, they are illegal. Make sure you get the return plumbing, otherwise, goodluck, it's an obvious defect waiting to happen.

The short shift plate or the proper short shifter (inside the car) If you get one of the JBarone ones, I've read that they rub slightly when engaging 2nd gear. Time will tell if they don't rub through the rubber boot completely.

As for the CPe CAI, I've not heard anything about them.

Thanks for the advice troy.

Hmm, my car was originally purchased from Penrith Mazda, and has a SRI and BOV on it, I wonder if these were installed there?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Any mods will void your warranty. It just depends on your service manager.
    Exactly what Troy says here...

I had an aftermarket TMIC fitted, one of my coolant hoses at the front of the bay came loose and the thermo fan ate it..

Dealership blamed TMIC () as when it was fitted someone was working in that area (not even close unless they define 'area' as 'engine bay').

It is open to interpretation, if they dont want to pay up they wont.
    I would discuss with service manager or find another dealership that is mod friendly.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-