User Tag List

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Anyone had issues with noisy central locking?

Only my front passenger door does it, a louder 'whirring' sound as it locks and unlocks. The rest of the doors are quiet.

This is my OCD kicking in, but it annoys the crap out of me.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Not keen on a fuel tank replacement...

My gearbox is a little clunky also, but that may be due to the fact that Mazda have used some serious internal work to keep it in one peice @ 380NM not to mention the triple-synchro 1st/2nd gear make it even more clunky when cold.

My brakes also have a little squeal (just assumed it was new pads, only 2200KM) but it only occurs if it's cold or if I have not driven the car in a few days.
    Yeh i heard that it was normal for these cars - But it does sound pretty bad - Probably because i know its there and i constantly look out for it...

My car is hitting the 70k. From the Mazda receipts looks as though brakes have never been replaced. But when i say slight squeal i mean really slight and wont squeal with normal braking. Only when driving slow in a carpark, driveway etc... Probably nothing to worry about i guess. Mechanic said my rotors are fine and the rear have about 10k in em...

lol you should hear my brakes then.

Squealing stock brakes might be because they are wearing unevenly, or the pads might be completely shot. Definitely get them checked, but if there's plenty of material left then some brakes just squeal. If it annoys you enough then machine the rotors and get a new set of pads.

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

My front door locks got changed under warranty. Only made a squeal noise in the morning

Peter "SLIXX"

Sweet.

I've spoken to Mazda in Essendon Fields, they'll change it over for me when I actually get a chance to head over there!

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    My front door locks got changed under warranty. Only made a squeal noise in the morning

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    Just an FYI, Mazda have agreed to replace both my front shocks and the rubber seals under warranty for anyone else experiencing this issue
    Do you mind providing the service centre location so I can get my local dealer in Adelaide to call them when I ask to have this looked at on my 2009 Luxury? Cheers

(Because I know they will tell me it's 'normal' when I ask them!)
    Last edited by timhodges; 15-04-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timhodges View Post
    Do you mind providing the service centre location so I can get my local dealer in Adelaide to call them when I ask to have this looked at on my 2009 Luxury? Cheers

(Because I know they will tell me it's 'normal' when I ask them!)
    West End Mazda Blacktown, NSW.

On a side note, I had the same issue with my fuel baffles becoming loose, allegedly it can be common in the Mazda 3 MPS and SP25 I was told by the head mechanic at West End Mazda Parramatta, my car was out of warranty and Mazda offered to replace the baffles out of 'goodwill'. Nonetheless greatly appreciated that I got rid of the horrid noise of the fuel tank swinging as I came to a stop.

On a side note, I had the same issue with my fuel baffles becoming loose, allegedly it can be common in the Mazda 3 MPS and SP25 I was told by the head mechanic at West End Mazda Parramatta, my car was out of warranty and Mazda offered to replace the baffles out of 'goodwill'. Nonetheless greatly appreciated that I got rid of the horrid noise of the fuel tank swinging as I came to a stop.
    Awesome. Another fuel tank fixed

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

9. Default

Was it Blacktown or Parramatta service centre where you got the baffles fixed at?
    I think I got the same problem after noticing last night a swaying sound coming from fuel tank area when braking and accelerating >:l
    Hopefully they would fix it out of goodwill since my warranty has ended aswell!

Melting right head light, just above the projector.

Being replaced Monday.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Melting right head light, just above the projector.

Being replaced Monday.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Melting. Jeez must be some crazy heat.

Have had my late 2011 MPS for just under 2 weeks. Now I'm starting to notice the things I didn't pick up on the test drive.

Have the slightly rocking seat when elevated - doesn't affect me, only my wife but she claims she doesn't notice it?

Have the slight clunk when changing gears, most prevalent on 1-2-3 shift. Driving like a granny and babying the clutch doesn't work. I find that blipping the throttle between shifts takes care of it but its a bit annoying. Strangely when I'm flogging the hell out of it and slamming the gears in its fine. Anyway, it just doesn't seem to be a happy box in peak hour traffic.

Rattle in dash. Can't work out if its in the cluster, near the windscreen or up near the rear view mirror. To me it sounds like its coming from the area near the sat nav info screen but when I stick my head closer it seems to move somewhere else haha.

Rear parcel shelf rattle I think. Easy fix.

Car is a bit rough when shutting it down, don't know if its normal. A bit rattley.

Try changing different box fluids

14. Default

My 3rd to 4th clunked bad even from brand new July 2012 model, an after market rear engine mount solved that and made it feel like a different gear box (it's common with these cars), i didn't go back for warranty for that as i was going to replace it regardless due to modding plans.

For the rattling get a passenger to hold the passenger side air vents, i had a rattle from brand new the dealer couldnt pin point it, i found it my self was the passenger side air vent.

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post
    Have had my late 2011 MPS for just under 2 weeks. Now I'm starting to notice the things I didn't pick up on the test drive.

Have the slightly rocking seat when elevated - doesn't affect me, only my wife but she claims she doesn't notice it?

Have the slight clunk when changing gears, most prevalent on 1-2-3 shift. Driving like a granny and babying the clutch doesn't work. I find that blipping the throttle between shifts takes care of it but its a bit annoying. Strangely when I'm flogging the hell out of it and slamming the gears in its fine. Anyway, it just doesn't seem to be a happy box in peak hour traffic.

Rattle in dash. Can't work out if its in the cluster, near the windscreen or up near the rear view mirror. To me it sounds like its coming from the area near the sat nav info screen but when I stick my head closer it seems to move somewhere else haha.

Rear parcel shelf rattle I think. Easy fix.

Car is a bit rough when shutting it down, don't know if its normal. A bit rattley.
    Dynamat super lite for all doors floor. upgraded engine/gearbox oils. lots of oil on plastic trim. Upgrade Engine mount and gearbx mount to corksport inserts!
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

TRUST ME ALL OF what I said............. IT WORKS!

Oil on plastic trim = BAD!
    Its not vinyl!

Oil on plastic trim, must be a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Oil on plastic trim, must be a typo?
    He means armorall danski will have a heart attack.

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast