User Tag List

Thread: protege garage

Default protege garage

hey,

just wondering if anyone has bought anything from protege garage before?

if so,approximately how long ago was the purchase, and how long did it take to arrive?

just that i remember back in the day, people used to have to wait over 2 months for an order to arrive, so wanting to know if this was still the case

thanks

I have read reports of some very mixed experiences with PG, I have used them once and it was fine, usually once shipped, goods only take about a week to arrive.
    Oh...and if your planning to order cp-e gear, none of the US suppliers are allowed to ship to Oz any more due to the arrangements between cp-e and MPS garage.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I have read reports of some very mixed experiences with PG, I have used them once and it was fine, usually once shipped, goods only take about a week to arrive.
    Oh...and if your planning to order cp-e gear, none of the US suppliers are allowed to ship to Oz any more due to the arrangements between cp-e and MPS garage.
    hi,

how long did it take before the item was shipped?

its actually for an atp front mount which i am thinking about

thanks

I was in on the original batch of TRZ mounts so it was a pre-ordered item, assuming parts are in stock I wouldn't imagine any more than 2 days for despatch. As I mentioned before some people have placed orders and not heard anything for weeks, even with continual pestering.

Have you priced freight for an FMIC kit, they are seriously heavy, maybe sea freight would be a better option.

an email to PG checking shipping pricing is the best thing to do, even check if they have there own FMIC kit
    ive got a lot from them and the wait is about the same when ive ordered stuff from other US vendors
    ive had great deals through PG!

thanks for the replies

i know that shipping by sea would be cheaper, and it was really just a thought anyway as i may end up getting something made up locally

spoke to a workshop who can get a custom kit made up and fitted for less than the price of buying a cpe front mount, though it was a rough price

there are a few things that i am considering purchasing from protege garage, but didnt want to email them until i was serious

just wanted an idea on how quick the turnaround time was

I was poking around on their website the other day and noticed they do a FMIC piping kit, that could be an option and you could source a core locally, the plumbing weighs nothing compared to the core, and would no doubt save a bit on shipping.

Mazda3Online :: ProtegeGarage :: MazdaRX8Online - Your Source for Mazda Performance

I purchased my SRI and shifter bushes from PG. They took about 6 weeks to arrive (A couple of weeks delay as they didn't have any couplers for their intake in stock. Don't bother sending them any e-mails via the contact link on there site. they don't get back to you. E-mail Ken Miller the manager ken@protegegarage.com if you have any questions. He was pretty helpful.

or drop him a pm on the US forum M247 - ken will look after you

I had bad dealings with PG, took ages to get back to me then they stuffed up my order.

Was a real nightmare!