User Tag List

Thread: Car Feels Like Crap !!

Default Car Feels Like Crap !!

06 MPS3

I am up for my 40,000 service which will be happening over the next week or so so i am hoping this fixes everything up...

however of late maybe last month or so i have just found a genral decline in ride comfort, smoothness & even performance...

I have had the Penrite gear box oil put in probs 9,000 k's ago and i honestly didnt notice a single difference... and for some reason now gears seem to be more clunky and chunky then ever.. seem like i am fighting to catch the notch every time... ?? not at WOT.. just every day driving

Not sure if the usual smoothe ride is suffering due to clutch or something engine wise ?? but of late just cant get a smoothe launch... not WOT.. just standard driving... and until i get into 3rd all shifts are very rough and have hints (hints) of bunny hops sometimes.. its shocking...

Also idle seems to be very average.. lots of pops and crackles out the back which i have never noticed before...

AND THEN...

there is the suspension... i thought i was a lucky one that never had any issues with all this.. but now... i got this tinking noises everytime i hit a bump from the front... and clunks from the rear..

Anyway.. maybe its just a service i need and that should pull most items into line... I am out of warranty now.. so going to try somewhere different for this service... the quote from Mazda for the 40,000 was STUPID !!! $600 !! ??

If the mechanics i go to cant check out the suspension or tighten it up i might have to take it somewhere to do that also... and will get a allignment and rotation done to....

yuck..

Rant over...

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

Good luck with it PaulG, $600 sounds over the top without looking at my logbooks it must be a major service normally its around $200 to $300...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post

however of late maybe last month or so i have just found a genral decline in ride comfort, smoothness & even performance...

Also idle seems to be very average.. lots of pops and crackles out the back which i have never noticed before...

AND THEN...

there is the suspension... i thought i was a lucky one that never had any issues with all this.. but now... i got this tinking noises everytime i hit a bump from the front... and clunks from the rear..
    +1 Mines @ 35000ish and have started to notice the shift is deteriorating and my suspension is creaking in the front and clunking in the rear ?

Mines still under warrenty so hoefully will drop it in soon and see what they have to say
    マツダスピード

must be the turning point for them to fall apart ? lol haha right when warranty runs out...

i wouldnt be suprised if they didnt even replace my gearbox oil last time when i got the penrite put in ??

My MPS 6 is in at Mazda today getting clunks, creaking etc all looked at.

Cant seem to take off without a creak from the drivetrain when clutch is released etc.

Pulling down my driveway that is quite steep, theres something creaking\clunking from the front....

See how we go hey, i let you know.

The way i described it to a young mechanic at mazda (he had R33 Skyline) was that its like having a Button clutch! When you take the clutch out it creaks the driveline etc etc... He said he knew what i meant.... ??

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

can you confirm that the gearbox oil you put in is rated at gl4?

my dad put gl5 oil in a gl4 rated gearbox once and could not get any smooth shifts at all

you can probably look at getting the clutch bled as well?

can you provide a bit more information like what was done at your last service, and the kilometres it was done at?

Last service was oil drop and filter change... PCM update...or downgrade... HA... i also had the water pupm replaced pretty sure... this was all done at the 30,000 service. Not sure on what the gearbox oil rating was ?? it was the Penrite Synthetic that everyone recomended on here and what Mazda issued as the fix for the wong wong noise in gearbox...

Just got a new quote at another mechanic $260.00 !! less the half the price of Mazda... booked in for monday. If i wasnt out of warranty would have probs just had to cop it !!

Maybe your car has the flu...lol...Good luck mate hope the service is the fix you need.

spoke to a mate that's prolly on here but don't know his nick.

He took his mps3 back to mazda for a service 30,000. The gave him a new ECU program..

Now he is holding 2 psi less boost! Too funny...

He's spewing!

Hey Paul, how have gone with the creaks and clunks, mine developed loads of creaks etc around 40,000 too, Mazda had a look for me recently and some dissappeared, some didn't and the ones that dissappeared have come back? I've changed to coilovers recently so the ride is firmer and may be causing a few more unwanted creaks etc. At the last service Mazda confirmed there is nothing wrong, so now I just turn up the stereo I'll probably get my suspension guys here to give it a once over soon to ensure all is tip top for Adelaide next year
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Mazda confirmed there is nothing wrong, so now I just turn up the stereo I'll probably get my suspension guys here to give it a once over soon to ensure all is tip top for Adelaide next year
    Mazda also said the same to me... Its all normal, nothing is wrong. Looks like ill take it to PEDDERS suspension and get a check done.. see what comes up.

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

yea mine is in today getting a service and look over !! will report back with what they find or dont find !...

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

got her back just before...

Knock in rear they rekon was due to there being slightly less gass in the strut then required and when it comes under load the usual gap that exist in the top is hitting.. he said it wasnt anything to worry about and as it only happens at certain time just to monitor it and get it fixed down the track if it start to get worse.

Could not locate my tinking noise in the front ... HA

car feels much smoother now after some love...

i also got the second cat knocked out while i was there and it revs alot more freely now and has a slight deeper note.. hardly noticeable though... and feels like it gained a bit more power ... BUTT dyno approved !!

mazda knocked out ya second cat??? or exhaust shop?

zorst shop... and didn't do service at mazda ... place i went to has exhaust place next door..

When was the last time you absolutely flogged the you-know-what out of your car for a couple of hours?

The MPS always feels much better after you go drive it like it's stolen for a bit. Next drive you'll be surprised at how much better it feels.