User Tag List

Thread: 09 mps3 bov! HELP!

Default 09 mps3 bov! HELP!

hey guys bit of a problem ..
    i installed a greddy type s blow off valve today,
    all went well, hits full boost like normal well in other words
    car runs 100% like normal bov sounds sick!
    but just before driving home the engine light turned on..
    now now .. im a bit paranoid? is it normal for it to happen or?
    i was thinking maybe cause i blocked the plumback pipe?
    has it happened to any of you guys?
    any help would be great cheers!

VTA and blocking the recirc pipe is a no no, the cars ecu requires the bov to run in recirc, or hybrid (50/50) mode if the valve suits.

When the air is vented from the system the ECU still adds the required amount of fuel and you get a momentary rich condition, and usually a backfire from the unburnt fuel, while a hybrid valve still vents some of the charged air, a percentage is still recirculated and is usually enough to keep the ECU happy.

i can still plumback the greddy type s bov, would it get rid of the engine light if i do so? and if i keep driving it leaving the plum back blocked off would it be fine or?

It probably wont do too much damage running vta, but clearing the cel every few days will piss you off before long, otherwise go full recirc (and lose the sound), or buy a hybrid.

Or buy an SRI and run the valve in recirc, that will give you the sound, and keep the ecu happy, the turbo will sound a lot better as well.

but clearing the cel every few days will piss you off before long <-- sorry im new what do u mean by that?

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

and also if i plumb the bov back and lose the sound would my engine light go away?

cel = Check Engine Light, you will need an OBD reader to clear the code, if you continue running vta it will keep coming back.

I edited my previous post, an SRI or CAI will give you the best of both worlds, and some.

i see! so the SRI i was gonna buy the corksport one, has the recirc pipe,that i can plug my plumback pipe straight into there right? that way the cel will stay off and the car will sound sick? true matt? or am i wrong?

The short answer is that with an intake you get whistling & whooshing turbo sounds, and pssshhht sounds from the bov.

Any of the SRI kits will be fine and will easily bolt up to the stock intake pipe (the recirc hose fitting is incorporated on this pipe), the CS kit has the turbo intake pipe in their kit, the jury is still out on the added benefits of replacing this pipe, and it is a fairly involved job to install.

The CELs should stay away, for extra piece of mind the Cobb & cp-e intakes do boast about using exact sized MAF housings with air straighteners (as per the stock airbox) and cp-e have a no CEL guarantee.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

i can vouch for cp-e having a no cell guarantee. have had my cai on for about 15000km and so far not a single cell. MAF housing is the same size as stock.

mmm.. i dont know what i should do hehe ..

hey there folks, i did the same thing... got a CEL, i pulled the battery for 10 minutes to drain power from the ecu...

CEL is now gone, but when mazda plug their computer in for service, will the error code still be there?

12. Default

Interesting read, so with a GREDDY TYPE RZ BOV, similar issue. have not yet installed it but about too. I know alot of other cars can block off the plumback pipe etc, so this is a no no ?

so even if a tuner installed this BOV, then what would they do?> maybe sell the greddy & get a 50/50 perhaps?? not sure which route to take> hmm?