User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with HKS BOV

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    so which is louder, a turbosmart in 100% recirc or a hks in 100% recirc??

and easier to install/maintain etc.

also, is there no such thing as a flutter valve? a valve purposely designed to go psh sh sh shh as if you BOV is adjusted to tightly?
    Why not go 50/50?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Why not go 50/50?
    wont the cops hate me? being in nsw i thought it was illegal

thats wat ive wondered as well...since its doing both.. would it be legal or illegal but then agen its the cops and if they wanna be asses about it they'll get ya for it since some of the air is still venting to atmo

Why not just try recirc and then try 50/50 and see which one you like. Everyone has different tastes. If you like the 50/50, it doesn't matter what we say, you're going to do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post
    wont the cops hate me? being in nsw i thought it was illegal
    Yes they will, thats why you just drive off boost when they are around
    I have not been pinged for it yet, though mine is adjusted pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    thats wat ive wondered as well...since its doing both.. would it be legal or illegal but then agen its the cops and if they wanna be asses about it they'll get ya for it since some of the air is still venting to atmo
    Chris, you have had yours 50/50 for a while haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Why not just try recirc and then try 50/50 and see which one you like. Everyone has different tastes. If you like the 50/50, it doesn't matter what we say, you're going to do it anyway.
    Honestly, I had mine in recirc with the std intake and the ETS on and I could barely hear it.

Personal opinion, go with something that will do all three (vent/50 50/recirc) at least then you can change it based on your preference.
    When mine goes in for service I always put it back to recirc
    Last edited by Jmac; 04-08-2009 at 07:57 AM.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

yea i have justin..had it on recirc a few times to see the diff...seems to run abit smoother but then it could be just my head thinking that lol

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    yea i have justin..had it on recirc a few times to see the diff...seems to run abit smoother but then it could be just my head thinking that lol
    OT *slaps own hand*
    Make sure it is not tensioned too loosely or it could be leaking.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Well I went by wat one of the other guys sed and have it about 1-2mm under the top of the bov

9. Default

So a slightly different point of view or question.

What set up is best for the performance of our cars? Recirculate, 50/50 or vent to atmosphere?

I don't care what it sounds like, I care how it performs.

I have the Forge which makes a lot of noise. Gold coins anyone? And holds boost well (kind of, needs a boost controller to do it better, dyno in signature shows this)
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 05-08-2009 at 11:54 AM.

That's what I've thought as well crusher. And also if running 50/50 what's the correct setting to have it on (gfb bov that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    What set up is best for the performance of our cars? Recirculate, 50/50 or vent to atmosphere?

I don't care what it sounds like, I care how it performs.
    See post #15. In short run it the way the car is expecting - full recirculation.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    See post #15. In short run it the way the car is expecting - full recirculation.
    Then that is how everyone should run them.

Don't say you are not a ricer if you are putting more emphasis on noise than the performance of the car!

Couldn't agree with you more. Now if you tune it to run VTA, then that's the way to go for alot of people.

yes, you can have it tuned to run VTA too, otherwise std tune runs better recirc.

Personally I wouldnt see any difference between recirc etc in regards to performance? as long as the valve is not leaking.
    Anyway, scaring the shizen out of cyclists on the natio runs FTW.

sooooo, is there any advantage to having an aftermarket fully recirculating BOV over the standard recirculating one?

I've been told by my boys to leave the std on it it spools better,I have better boost with my gear changes it's not trying to build up pressure would I be right in saying that, like you said at the beginning GEO4GE I'm new at turbo's too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12