User Tag List

Thread: Stock springs?

Default Stock springs?

Does anyone have any stock springs for a 6 MPS lying around in Melb?

I know I shouldve posted this in buy and sell but I havent been a member for 21 days so I cant.

My mechanic thinks the car might be too low and wont pass a roadworthy so looking to buy some springs to fix the problem.

Depending on where you are, I remember that there was someone giving away stock components - not sure if it was for a 6 - I usually glaze through posts that posts things I don't need - sorry :P

What springs do you have? Maybe post a pic of the height and other vic members might have an idea if it will pass. I

imagine if it's not scraping the ground or bottoming out on bumps you wouldn't attract attention at a simple roadworthy. And unless you have the equipment to change them (spring compressors etc.), it might be worth trying to pass first before switching them out, especially if you plan to keep it lowered later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    What springs do you have? Maybe post a pic of the height and other vic members might have an idea if it will pass. I

imagine if it's not scraping the ground or bottoming out on bumps you wouldn't attract attention at a simple roadworthy. And unless you have the equipment to change them (spring compressors etc.), it might be worth trying to pass first before switching them out, especially if you plan to keep it lowered later on.
    My mechanic said a coke can needs to fit under the car, it does at the rear just not at the front. Im going to see how the roadworthy goes but just wanted to cover myself in case they do need changing.