User Tag List

Thread: Worried now...

Default Worried now...

Hi all

can someone help me please... Light outside is dying and can't do anything more on car tonight will have to wait till I get home from work tomrrow...

i Did a oil change today ( done many never any probs )
    While car was draining I cleaned down my intercooler from instructions I found here on this site.. Sat intercooler to the side to dry off then went to work on installing my JBR coolant bypass & throttle body gasket whatta PITA to get to with larger mits..cleaned down the throttle assembly and the intake opening with crc throttle body cleaner and wiped out the excess gunk
    3 hours later covered in blood and sweat I had everything back together, cheaked for leaks and the appeared to be none
    ( only had the BOV and pod filter off ) then went for drive to see if all went well.......
    well there was no power no torque and a stuttering when going 75%-100% throttle.. I noticed the AFR dropped to about 8.5 where I had 13 or so normally and only achieving about 6psi of boost.
    The engine reved normally the sound from the intake hadn't changed.
    when cruising at 100 all seems normal
    I'm thinking that I haven't tightened the throttle body down enuf and there's a leak there

can anyone help

thanks

Whole heap of mods and is latest member of the Zoom Zoom Boom club

sounds like a leak between turbo and throttle body...
    double check all your boost hoses

Thanks for reply... I'll recheck em tomrrow... Could it be that I didn't screw down the throttle body bolts in a x pattern?

- - - Updated - - -

Also would it be ok to drive if I don't go into boost and cruise to work?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Thanks for reply... I'll recheck em tomrrow... Could it be that I didn't screw down the throttle body bolts in a x pattern?

- - - Updated - - -

Also would it be ok to drive if I don't go into boost and cruise to work?
    Possibly... But a leak that big, I'd say it's a hose... Betting on a turbo to intercooler hose not being tight

If you can stay out of boost, should be OK... It's not ideal, but it'll get you to work
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Also check the small hose to the BPV is not leaking. If its not properly connected and holding pressure then your BPV will always open under boost pressure. I only mention this because you say you had the BPV off the car.

Um...yea this post may need to be refilled under noob section... Forgot to tighten up one of the clamps... It was kinda just hanging there... So power back and I'll be able to get some sleep tonight... On another note what should my target afr's been? I'm seeing 10 at wot
    oh and thanks @ozynigma and @SarcasticOne

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Um...yea this post may need to be refilled under noob section... Forgot to tighten up one of the clamps... It was kinda just hanging there... So power back and I'll be able to get some sleep tonight... On another note what should my target afr's been? I'm seeing 10 at wot
    oh and thanks @ozynigma and @SarcasticOne

I am seeing 10 at WOT atm too. Still working through some tuning issues.

See if you can log both actual AFR's and target or desired AFR's and see if there is a difference.

I am finding my ECU seems to run the motor rich if BATS are above 40C.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune