User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Mounts

Default Engine Mounts

I've started looking at aftermarket engine mounts and I like the look of the JBR mounts thanks to the colour scheme.

Can anyone provide feedback on the quality of these as I notice they seem to be a bit cheaper than the CP-E mounts?

Also 88 durometer...firm much?

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    I've started looking at aftermarket engine mounts and I like the look of the JBR mounts thanks to the colour scheme.

Can anyone provide feedback on the quality of these as I notice they seem to be a bit cheaper than the CP-E mounts?

Also 88 durometer...firm much?
    JBR got pretty good rep on Msf. Anything over 70 is going to stiff and will definitely increase NVH.

I would personally buy CS race RMM as it better built than JBR and similar to cpe design..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    JBR got pretty good rep on Msf. Anything over 70 is going to stiff and will definitely increase NVH.

I would personally buy CS race RMM as it better built than JBR and similar to cpe design..

Depends who you ask. JBR build quality is pretty damn good.
    Depending what you are wanting out of your car.

I'm guessing you've decided to keep your car? If you're going a few serious mods you'll want something a bit tougher duro, (but maybe not 88).
    If you're keeping it tame then 75 or so should suit your needs perfectly.

Others can chime in here, but i've currently got SURE street mount and it's pretty good (cant fault it) but it will be replaced soon just because of SURE's reputation.. :/
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post

I'm guessing you've decided to keep your car? If you're going a few serious mods you'll want something a bit tougher duro, (but maybe not 88).

Others can chime in here, but i've currently got SURE street mount and it's pretty good (cant fault it) but it will be replaced soon just because of SURE's reputation.. :/
    Indeed I have. What's classed as serious mods, bigger turbo?

JBR dogbone design is pretty damn good but I do prefer the design of cpe. It seems like CS has copied their design and offering it at cheaper price. I'm gonna get Cs race mount soon and I'll put a review on the forums for fellow members..

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    Indeed I have. What's classed as serious mods, bigger turbo?
    I guess full bolt ons like exhaust, intake, intercooler, tuned up etc. Obv big turbo is serious though.
    It's just that with more power, you have more chance of ripping up a weaker mount.
    You just have to know if you want to compromise comfort with vibes, and that's a personal decision.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I guess full bolt ons like exhaust, intake, intercooler, tuned up etc. Obv big turbo is serious though.
    It's just that with more power, you have more chance of ripping up a weaker mount.
    You just have to know if you want to compromise comfort with vibes, and that's a personal decision.
    I see, thanks for that. Guess I'll have to go with the firmer option then.

Yep ok. Still wouldn't recommend 88 though.

Btw, I'm getting one soon. Anyone done the install themselves and willing to help me out.. Coins obviously.. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Btw, I'm getting one soon. Anyone done the install themselves and willing to help me out.. Coins obviously.. ;-)

I'd help you out, but this may be just as much help. PM me if you want.

Danspeed3's JBarone Dogbone "Chrome Molly" Rear Motor Mount "RMM" Install - YouTube

Though it's a JBR mount, essentially it's the same method.
    I've read 70 foot pounds to torque it down, but it should come with instructions.

--Edit--

This guy has a few interesting YT vids. He is a little odd sometimes but informative and interesting
    Check 'em out.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post267504 <-- initial install
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post269927 <-- 800km later

my impressions on a full set of JBR 80's ^

or the TL-DR
    eventually the wear in and they're pretty good

Is there a general consensus as to what brand mount is the best?

Is it worth upgrading all the mounts at once?

My gearbox makes that little clunk when shifting so I am after a fix. New oil and mounts should go ok from what I have read. I was looking at the cs inserts to minimise vibrations but how long do the inserts last?

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post

My gearbox makes that little clunk when shifting so I am after a fix. New oil and mounts should go ok from what I have read. I was looking at the cs inserts to minimise vibrations but how long do the inserts last?
    Everyone is going for jbr mounts atm.. im about to buy there tmm and pmm 70 duro mounts... only need to upgrade the rmm if your stock or a couple of bolt ons but you will eventually need the other 2 so just get them all from jbr in the trilogy pack I think its about $430

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    Everyone is going for jbr mounts atm.. im about to buy there tmm and pmm 70 duro mounts... only need to upgrade the rmm if your stock or a couple of bolt ons but you will eventually need the other 2 so just get them all from jbr in the trilogy pack I think its about $430

Thanks for that, are you getting them direct from jbr?

Yeah $65 Shipping be here in 8-12 days

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post

I've had the inserts for 8 months now and I've only now just noticed a wee bit of slack coming back. not nearly as close to the stock slackness but it is there nonetheless. I'm not sure whether that is because the inserts are wearing out or whether the bolts have loosened a bit. I didn't have a torque wrench at the time so it was just tightening up on best efforts lol. but i will get under there and have a look again, now that i have a torque wrench..

If you don't like vibes I have a CPE 65d and didn't notice any vibes at all I think I will be upgrading to a CPE stage 2 mount as I still get wheel hop with the 65 duro

CP-e Stage 2 FTW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    CP-e Stage 2 FTW!!!!
    +1 Mine is in the mail

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast