User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen I problems you have had, warranty fixes

i'm having the back part of my exhaust replaced due to a small crack about 4cm long on the bend just after the resonator....Strange.

Knocking noise frrom rear, Swaybar bolts/endlinks ordered by dealer.

Had a quick squiz through this thread and I think I might be the only one who had this problem, but my drivers side window stopped working, only on stinking hot days! They replaced the motor and all fine now.

4. Default

HI,
    I am having trouble starting my MPS. It takes a while to kick over. Was serviced yesterday and nothing comes up on computer. it also has a brand new battery. it kicks over perfect when it is still warm but after about an hour of not being used it struggles. mechanic suggested it could have something to do with fuel pressure but cant be sure with out pulling everything apart and said to leave it until it wont start at all?? wtf? (infact 2 mechanics have suggested the same thing)
    its not under warranty anymore so it could b expensive sending mechanics on a wild goose chase under the bonnet.
    Any suggestions?

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
    Just had 70 000klm service needs new rear shocks and engine mount. To be done under warranty.
    Update for things repaired under warranty:
    85 000klm, Just had the front shocks, bumper stops and OSF thrust bearing replaced, also had the regulator bolts adjusted on the front windows.

I also just changed the gearbox fluid to Penrite 75W-90, (the oil I pulled out was pretty ordinary, considering it's supposed to get changed at 100 000klm, it looked like engine oil after a very very long time)
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Quote Originally Posted by MPS231 View Post
    HI,
    I am having trouble starting my MPS. It takes a while to kick over. Was serviced yesterday and nothing comes up on computer. it also has a brand new battery. it kicks over perfect when it is still warm but after about an hour of not being used it struggles. mechanic suggested it could have something to do with fuel pressure but cant be sure with out pulling everything apart and said to leave it until it wont start at all?? wtf? (infact 2 mechanics have suggested the same thing)
    its not under warranty anymore so it could b expensive sending mechanics on a wild goose chase under the bonnet.
    Any suggestions?
    Sticky EGR valve

-engine mount
    -water pump
    -fuel pump
    -exhaust
    -turbo

can anyone elaborate on the "Compressed front springs, struts and bearings causing
    a knocking noise" problem, my car makes a knock/clunk noise up the front usually when the weight shifts and coming out of my driveway with the wheels turned (steep down onto the road)

was the solution new front springs, whole new struts or just new bushes?

out of warranty...

just had my MAF sensor replaced and Purge Solenoid whatever the purge solenoid is ?
    car feels HEAPS faster since replacement

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kpmcs View Post
    can anyone elaborate on the "Compressed front springs, struts and bearings causing
    a knocking noise" problem, my car makes a knock/clunk noise up the front usually when the weight shifts and coming out of my driveway with the wheels turned (steep down onto the road)

was the solution new front springs, whole new struts or just new bushes?

out of warranty...
    Mmm interesting one that. Sounds sort of like what I have. So far they have replaced the struts, thrust bearings and bump stops, still no joy. In today for 90k service and further investigation.

On a side note I was today that my warranty has another year to go contrary to what I thought. 4 years unlimited klms????? curiouser and curiouser.................... I will be confirming it again when I grab it later.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Does your suspension knocks go away once the car has been driven for a little while?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Does your suspension knocks go away once the car has been driven for a little while?
    Unfortunately no. It happens over speed bumps after the load has come back on.

Latest thing is they are now going to replace the near side spring. I asked if they were going to do both, but the answer is "computer says No".

I don't have much confidence in this fixing it.

My car has also developed a knock in the rack when turning full lock to the right.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Mine sounds like the front end is about to fall out of the car first thing in the morning. But once warm, its dead quiet. Same with one clunk that sounds as if its from the left rear.

I suspect shocks (which seems a common fault) possibly the rubber being caught. But don't really want to go throwing money at it if i don't know what the problem is. Although that does give me a good excuse to get some Koni's or Bilsteins

Also i get a strange knock when turning right out of my street that i can feel through my left foot on the floor. Doesn't matter how fast or slow i go, it always happens. I suspected engine mount (as was supported by MPS garage) but that didn't fix it

Blog Entries

Just got my car back with the new NSF spring and no noise.

15. Default knocking/ clunking noise in front end !

heys guys im having the same trouble with this knocking noise that sounds like the whole front end is going to fall off.
    still under warranty n mazda has been trying to find it for 20,000klm now n still no luck they have replaced no1 engine mount
    front left hand tie-rod
    still no love, i then took it to pedders for a suspension check ! everythings fine apparently .

i just want it fixed

Angry Re: MPS3 knocking/ clunking noise in front end

Glad to see I'm not the only one having problems with knocking/clunking noises from the front suspension of my MPS 3.

I've now covered 40,000km and have mentioned it to my dealer on 3 occasions (that the knocking/clunking noises are getting worse). Apparently there is "nothing wrong" with the suspension. Surely they must recognise through their database reporting package, that there is a common thread here.

Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this problem ?

I've now got a strong grinding noise coming from the front left wheel, when turning right - again, the dealer has no explanation. I'm extremely disappointed that these problems seem to be falling in the "too hard" or "unexplainable" basket. Where do we go if the genuine Mazda dealer has no idea ?

Contact Mazda Australia, tell them your suspension/front end problem, & also , the name of your Service Dept. Hopefully, they may be able to help.

I've got the same issue with the clunking front suspension now aswell. Had the sway bar linkages replaced last service which made no difference, they are doing the struts next.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSMatt View Post
    I've got the same issue with the clunking front suspension now aswell. Had the sway bar linkages replaced last service which made no difference, they are doing the struts next.
    I've had both Lower Control Arms done and it's not them either. I'm starting to think the clunking might be in the CV's....

Also, it's booked it for another Engine Mount tomorrow, hahaha.

20. Default

One owner, 2006 3 MPS with 36,000 kms on the clock and full dealer service history. Front and rear right hand side shock absorbers have to be replaced. Not happy and out of warranty. Extremely disappointing. Thoughts, advice?
    Last edited by Erebus; 18-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast