User Tag List

Thread: GEN 2 - 40,000 KM Service. What should be carried out?

Default GEN 2 - 40,000 KM Service. What should be carried out?

Does anyone know what the dealer is required to do/change at the 40,000 km service (for the Gen2) or in other words what does "Carried out service to Manufacturer specifications" mean.

In the last 10,000 km's I have started to get the wong wong noise, first thought was that it was due to old gear box oil.

Looking at a thread on the wong wong noise someone suggested that the gear box oil gets changed at 40,000, on the Gen 1. Which has got me thinking has Mazda changed the oil (at my 40,000km service) and put in the wrong oil.

Looking at my invoice for the 40,000 km service I can not find any mention of changing the gear box oil and the only oil i can find mentioned is "Mazda Full SYN 5W/40" which would be engine oil.

Is the gear box oil change hiding under "Carried out service to Manufacturer Specifications" ?

Has the gearbox oil been changed?

Hey Pete,
    From memory when I had my 40k service, the only difference was that they change the pollen filter (for which they charge like a wounded bull for). Other than that, and going off the manual, there is no difference. I think gearbox oil is changed at the 60k for Gen2s.

Thanks Andrew,

My thoughts of old oil orginally might be correct.

I will have it changed at the 50,000 km service and hopefully that fixes it.

60,000 km might just to be too long.

How do u guys even know what needs to be carried out?? It doesn't even say on the book anymore like they used to back in the days.... Right? Unless i'm wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    How do u guys even know what needs to be carried out?? It doesn't even say on the book anymore like they used to back in the days.... Right? Unless i'm wrong..
    My owners manual shows everthing that is to be carried out on scheduled services.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    My owners manual shows everthing that is to be carried out on scheduled services.
    This ^^^

i use this, show whats done and the price estimate
    Car Service, Auto Repairs & Mechanics in Australia

Damn.. Maybe its in the back of the owners manual? lol i didn't read it... I was reading the other book where they stamp it and that with kms... Well Toyota used to be like 2 separate books witht he service book telling you what needs done at what km..

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    This ^^^
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Just a little note to others.

waiting for the 60,000 km serivce maybe to long for your gear box oil. Specially if you drive the short trips like me.

I had Mazda change mine at the 50,000 km service and now the wong wong noise has gone and gear change is so much better.

I started having issues after 40,000km so I think it should have been changed at 40,000km which is when I think the gen 1's are changed.