User Tag List

Thread: Can anyone help me?

1. Default Can anyone help me?

car I have just had major tune on my MPS3. The engine, suspension and diffs are all upgarded and the car hits 1.98 lateral G. But Today I took out my right front wheel, there was a oil leak and splashed all over the brakes caliper and rim. I think the CV joint has let go. Can I just change CV joint or do I have to buy whole drive shaft? If anyone knows about stronger drive shaft, would you please let me know. I am also thinking about changing Focus RS CV joint but would it fit? Can anyone give some help please.

sounds like its just the cv boot thats let go. hopefully it hasnt been too long since it has, cause you can just put a new boot on it with grease applied. However, if the boots been shagged for a while and contaminates have gotten in, the CV may need to be reconditioned or replaced.

At this stage, its probably best just to put a new boot on it

3. Default

Thank you very much lup15. The bearings are good because there is no sound from hub when I drive so they are not being cooked hopefuly. I will change boots and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by 9tmare; 16-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.