User Tag List

Thread: VVT actuator

Default VVT actuator

Now out of warranty, been to mazda today had the bushings checked out and engine rattle which happens from time to time while idleing at lights and soforth
    apparently this is a know issue, oh well. lock pin hole of the varable valve requires replacement. any one have this issue, that could be the truth of the matter but it seems that oil pressure has more to do with it, after oil change quite as coming to half way mark starts to be noticable. timing chain is based on the oil pressure for tensioning, wonder if it's just the timeing chain rather than vvt. no noise on start up only kicks in when temps up. any experience there. thanks.

just a upddate on the deal with mazda @ tweed, pretty piss poor performance on there part, really are just about turning money over.
    Friday get the engine checked out and work that was done but A1, steering still pulls to the left. by mazda@tweed heads.
    service time Saturday, the crank shaft pullie seal has gone and oil all over the block ,pullies and other components in the engine bay, Question? if mazda actually checked the engine over and came to the conclusion that the VVT actuator was the issue, why wouldn't they notice that the crank shaft seal was crapped out,, interesting! not really, as i suspected from the beginning, they really don't check, i rang saturday and talked to a manager. last wheel aligment with them they gutter trashed 1 rim and they appologised i may just make them pay for that as well, now that i know there work practice's are far from honest and reliable.
    Last edited by IN4M3; 24-07-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelliing

Can you elaborate more on the rattle? like when it would happen , what rpm , consistency?

Here is a pick of my old VVT, never made more of a noise then then the injectors but you can see the worn part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150620111092.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	9215  

Hi
    the rattle is not on the start up only after a run and i pull into a place like maca's, sounds like somthing is loose, but after a oil change the problem isn't there for about 3/4ooo k's then starts up