User Tag List

Thread: MPS Mod advice

Cool MPS Mod advice

Hi all

Just signed up and I am sure a whole pile of people have already asked these questions but I could not see them !

What are the best mods for an 06" 6 MPS I have already done full custom made exhaust (about to get new downpipe as well) have ordered the corksport short ram intake with cold airbox, turbosmart BOV auto gauge boost gauge and thats about it so far !

I am looking for stuff which will make my car more powerfull and better to drive with out draining the bank !

I am also after some advice on my clutch, gearbox mounts, engine mounts and front suspension bushes as these are all kanckered and need replacing. Will the standard ones cut it ??????

Cheers for reading my post any help would be awsome

cheers

johny

Welcome and Congrats on the best MPS made

Heaps of info on the forums already covered many of these points, but it sounds like you have a good understanding, if you want some good points to search, look into ecutek tuning , heaps of places are offering it, get it done after bolting on everything to get best results

You have the basic power mods sorted, a tune will open it up very nicely from there but it all comes down to budget and what you want out of the car.

If you start going for more power then an intercooler upgrade will help but anything further than that is starting to get quite expensive, new turbo, intake/zorst manifolds, forged internals etc. The mods you have (DP + Intake) represent the sensible physical mods, and is a nice sweet spot on the value scale once you get it tuned.

I don't condone lowering or hard suspension kits but depending on what you want to do with the car there are handling improvements to be had.

Hi thnaks for the advice I live in NZ so tuneing companies are hard to come by but I have found one that can re tune my car for around $1200 NZD but am waiting till I get all the major mods on and sorted !

I have already done the suspension with some tein springs which have lowered the car made it look better and handle better, I am not to keen to get into struts and stuff as I think they may make the car to rigid and not a nice daily driver on our shit roads !

Cheers for the advice guys its much appreciated !

Where in nz are you? I'm based in central Auckland.

There was a couple tuning shops I was looking at. But haven't decided yet.

chey mate I am in central Auckland too who have you been looking at ? what sought of car have you got ? you done any mods ?

Someone got a tune done in auckland recently... Will see if I can find the thread...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9860

My Baby's Latest Mod - Dyno Tune

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Someone got a tune done in auckland recently... Will see if I can find the thread...
    cheers that would be good the only place I have found is a place in Napier called WRC developments they tune all the standard MPS's for the factory race leauge and do rally cars and generally sound like the know there stuff

cheers

Ranton on here is dealing with torque performance in avondale. All my mates (non Mazda) deal with ST Hitec in mt Wellington.

I recommend grabbing the engine mount and any other performance mods you may want before doing the tune. You may need to retune if you change stuff too much, although I'm not expert on this. As for the engine mount you will find it makes shifts smoother and I'm not sure if you've encountered it but it removes the unsettling thump noise that accompanied hard shifting in my car. It also seemed like a good idea if putting more power through the engine to make sure it's bolted down well.