i owned a mazda6 2.5 2009

and i put a rx8 rim on it which is 18X8J

it is time to change tires

so the question is will you stick with 225 45 18
    or rather than go for 235 40 18

thanks guy

have a good day

I'd definitely use the 235/40/18. Less
    Sidewall flex, a little more width & flushness and a more popular size so better rubber for your $$$.

The 235/40 is the most popular for RX8 rims on this forum too. Check out other threads for tyre type recommendations.

And be sure to post pics when you're done!

Sent from my iBrain using Tapatelepathy

3. Default

I would just go 225/45.

You don't need wider tyres for a Mazda 6. You are not going to create enough power to benefit from the wider footprint.

And anyway the stock rims are 18x 8 running 225/45... Just use the same size.

I had 225s and they looked kinda thin and stretched honestly. Also seemed to offer no protection to the rims which resulted in some pretty severe gutter rash, although that could be my poor parking skills, the jury is still out on that one. Might also be worth looking into pricing, 225/40 seems to be a rarer tyre size. When I blew out my tyre and was looking for a replacement some places had 1 or two types in stock others had nothing in that size at all and would need to order it in.

5. Default

Mate i just got my Rx8 Rims too! so excited
    no mate - just go with the 235 / 40 = it will fill the guard much better and its whats been recommended to me by the tyre guys at tempetyres/ big o tyres

ive been quote $150each for Kumho KU31's or $150each for Kumho KU27's = each a decent tire and is not to break the $$$ budget