User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what I parked next to today...

Default Look what I parked next to today...

Parked off the main steet in 'downtown' Orange, NSW - first one I've seen on the street.

Not so much impressed with the car itself, more their rarity. If you believe what you read, most of these cars have been locked up in collector's climate controlled, air purified, dust proof bunkers as an investment. So it was nice to see one out on the road

Doesn't exactly shout out at you, especially in black. CF rear spoiler is cool though. But I think i'd spend $155K on an M3 sedan, not a HSV...

The side shot is interesting. The Mazda6 looks similar in size dont you think?

Can't quite work out the number plate either

Pics taken from camera phone, so crap quality
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic_0303_005.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic_0303_008.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic_0303_009.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	374  
    Last edited by nickows; 04-03-2009 at 01:28 AM.

I saw one of those up in Kalgoorlie not long after they had been released, nice looking car!
    I think the number plate tells about the car "W427".

a guy in cairns is huge collector of Holden and got first pick of engine number !! being only 427 made he got offered number 1 or number 427.... you can pick what he choose i bet !!

i think his remains indoors.. he has a big shed i think with lots of really cool things..

Theres one getting around the streets near me, I just think why would you spend that much on a Commodore, that isnt really that impresive, Id buy a GTR over one of these in a heartbeat, if I had that sort of money to spend on a car.

Blog Entries

ditto.

It's a Commodore!

Blog Entries

yeah..meh...sure it goes good in a straight line (thats if you dare go that fast in it) but come to a corner and the car will shoot itself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    yeah..meh...sure it goes good in a straight line (thats if you dare go that fast in it)
    Right up to the 250 kmh governor, on paper a stock MPS would overtake it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    yeah..meh...sure it goes good in a straight line (thats if you dare go that fast in it) but come to a corner and the car will shoot itself in the foot.
    Not at all, Commodores have excellent handling. My former SS had much higher mid-corner speed than the MPS. Perhaps you're referring to the lack of driving ability of the bogans who drive them?

But yeah, who'd pay $150k for a Holden?

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    I saw one of those up in Kalgoorlie not long after they had been released, nice looking car!
    I think the number plate tells about the car "W427".
    Yeah i get the 'W427' part, but 'HV'? Shouldn't there be an 'S' in there somewhere? Ah well...the 'HV' could have a special meaning for the car's owner

And i just noticed in how filthy my windscreen is in the first photo! Plenty of locusts around here at the moment - impossible to keep the car clean
    Last edited by nickows; 04-03-2009 at 10:41 AM.

And i just noticed in how filthy my windscreen is in the first photo! Plenty of locusts around here at the moment - impossible to keep the car clean[/QUOTE]

Hope you got some shade-cloth to put over the grill dude, locusts are near on impossible to get out of the radiator etc once they're baked on...

Plus, the car will start to smell like rotting vegetation

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    a guy in cairns is huge collector of Holden and got first pick of engine number !! being only 427 made he got offered number 1 or number 427.... you can pick what he choose i bet !!

i think his remains indoors.. he has a big shed i think with lots of really cool things..
    HSV is now only going to build approximately 200-250 of the HSV427 due to buyers who have already splashed out the big $$$ for the powerful taxi's, wanting more exclusitivity.

Meh doesnt worry me because in not a fan of modern day big cubed V8 donks, id rather a boosted 6 or even a boosted 4.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nickows View Post
    Yeah i get the 'W427' part, but 'HV'? Shouldn't there be an 'S' in there somewhere? Ah well...the 'HV' could have a special meaning for the car's owner

And i just noticed in how filthy my windscreen is in the first photo! Plenty of locusts around here at the moment - impossible to keep the car clean
    maybe he shouldve got HIV427
    CPE CAI, CPE catted DP, Custom 3" exhaust, Heavily Modified KO4 turbo, Upgraded topmount Intercooler, Turbosmart Boost controller (set to 17psi), CDFP kit, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, CPE engine mount, N2MB WOTbox, Eibach prokit springs, Cobb adjustable rear sway bar, DBA 4000 rotors, Falken RT615 tyres.
    Car has made 212Kw's@wheels on Factory Mazda tune (Graham Wests dyno)

Good to see someone driving (parking) one instead of bubble wrapping it . But yeah i can't see how you could buy a Commodore when for
    the same money you could pick up an R35 GTR

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post

Hope you got some shade-cloth to put over the grill dude, locusts are near on impossible to get out of the radiator etc once they're baked on...

Plus, the car will start to smell like rotting vegetation
    At this time of the year I wash the car down after I travel, before the guts sets like cement. I usually have the car bra attached but forgot to put it on after washing it. Looks stupid but has saved the paint from many chips driving on our crappy country roads, and is easy to clean the bug guts off it

Some of the cars around this area are sporting a lovely yellow two-tone look around the front at the moment

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Theres one getting around the streets near me, I just think why would you spend that much on a Commodore, that isnt really that impresive, Id buy a GTR over one of these in a heartbeat, if I had that sort of money to spend on a car.
    Oh Yeah, spot on! Although at over 6ft my head would probably be buried in the roof

Quote Originally Posted by 12Lead View Post
    Good to see someone driving (parking) one instead of bubble wrapping it . But yeah i can't see how you could buy a Commodore when for
    the same money you could pick up an R35 GTR
    agreed nice to see one of these out. though agree with the "why spend $150K on a Commodore" plenty of tasty vehicles for that money, was in a taxi behind a C63 AMG on the way to Melb Airport today and they sound niiiice - very much the German hot-rod

I personally can think of many better quality and faster cars than a upmarket commonwhore.

But im sure there are a few out there would will wrap them in plastic and keep them for 25yrs.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

As has already been said...its a commodore.

Orange, NSW. Chances are it’s owned by a miner, probably a dump truck driver. It makes sense to buy a car which handles like one.

LS7..... who still use pushrods anymore??? When in doubt, just throw more fuel at it.

hsv have said only 200 will be made, they have only taken orders for just over 100 now i think.
    And considering it will cost you about $25,000 to import a 427 motor from the states, plus the massive brakes and everything else, the cost isnt too out there i reckon, but i wouldnt buy one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast