User Tag List

Thread: Turbo Warranty

Default Turbo Warranty

Was doing a bit of trolling on the US Forums & noticed this.
    Would be nice if Mazda Australia came to the party as well.....
    Mazda extends warranty for smoking turbo problem - Mazdaspeed Forums

It's not nessecarily the turbo.. And maybe in some cases they are

Good on Mazda. And I hope they do that here. I suspect they would if pushed.
    Just hope I'm not that person that needs too.

Those that have paid out of warranty to fix theirs, might be worth them doing some enquiring

Doubt you would get refund. If your smoking I highly recommend taking video evidence as it isnt always easily replicated in the early stages

When mine started smoking i bypassed the warrenty and rebuilt the turbo better (ported compressor, larger wheel etc etc). I didnt want to risk having those monkeys working on my car and/or having another stock turbo crap itself again.

I shouldve bloody kept my aurora blue beast... Oh well, maybe another MPS3 might make it in to my garage after ive finished playing with the current cars lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS3 View Post
    When mine started smoking i bypassed the warrenty and rebuilt the turbo better (ported compressor, larger wheel etc etc). I didnt want to risk having those monkeys working on my car and/or having another stock turbo crap itself again.

I shouldve bloody kept my aurora blue beast... Oh well, maybe another MPS3 might make it in to my garage after ive finished playing with the current cars lol
    As I said, its not necessarily the turbo, it appears that MOST cases are PCV system issues.. causing the oil to not drain from the turbo efficiently enough thus pooling and smoking through seals..
    My turbo was not replaced, my rocker cover and PCV system WERE and the issue has been resolved.
    Funnily enough the 'fix' looks like its straight off a GenII.... What does that tell you

The issue will be resolved by replacing turbo, but chances are its just going to mask it until the same problem re-occurs depending on weather the issue is actually the turbo or the PCV system.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Mine had nothing to do with the PCV valve, lots of people blame the PCV etc but if they actually did a turbo oil supply line volume check, theyd see what really causes it.

With the help of my mate from ATS (adelaide turbo service) we worked out that: A) The turbo seal/oil slinger was stuffed and B) That the turbo was being supplied far too much oil, much more than it needed to lubricate/support the journal bearing, which then caused oil to "backup" in the centre bearing and then push its way past the oil seal and into the dump pipe at idle.

Fixed those 2 things then modded the turbo for more airflow whilst we were at it and it never missed a beat or even puffed one bit of blue smoke after that. It is still going strong 70000kms later in the hands of the current owner.
    Last edited by BlueMPS3; 19-05-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    CPE CAI, CPE catted DP, Custom 3" exhaust, Heavily Modified KO4 turbo, Upgraded topmount Intercooler, Turbosmart Boost controller (set to 17psi), CDFP kit, Denso ITV22 spark plugs, CPE engine mount, N2MB WOTbox, Eibach prokit springs, Cobb adjustable rear sway bar, DBA 4000 rotors, Falken RT615 tyres.
    Car has made 212Kw's@wheels on Factory Mazda tune (Graham Wests dyno)