User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 - Original exhaust, how long

Default MPS6 - Original exhaust, how long

That's it really. Has anyone run a standard exhaust until it started leaking. Just planning some mods on a 5 year old 6 and don't want to run into a repair after laying out money on mods.

Mine was bought in Apr 06 and has about 110,000km. No exhaust problems yet.

Ater seeing Mazdas Proving grounds and attention to durability, I would be happy to say that the exhaust would only become holey if you constantly bash it and drive on loose gravel roads and then go through a river- every day!!!
    My reason for buying my 6mps was the fact I have seen what these thing go through!
    the only concern I have is ours was second hand and some stooge had broken the clips on the drivers door handle and it rattles.
    having said that, a nice stainless highflow exhaust is always a turn on!

Cheers, that reassures me. You can't legislate for everything in life, but it seems like I would be unlucky to need a new exhaust in the shortish term.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Cheers, that reassures me. You can't legislate for everything in life, but it seems like I would be unlucky to need a new exhaust in the shortish term.

the exhaust is probably the least of your concerns.... if it goes you just put in a new and improved one, i'd be more concerned with things like clutch, fuel pump, turbo, rods things that can cause serious dammage if they die.