User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lpg

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    How is Redland Bay GrayJ ??
    Not too bad bud. A bit quiet, but sometimes peaceful til I jump in my car...

Also, I haven't replied because, well, frankly I lost interest. I can't remember if I've posted this statement or not, but I'll say it regardless. If I had a 40 year old big block V8 that blew smoke and and I could only get 100L/1km and was my daily driven car, I still wouldn't use it LPG.
    That's MY opinion. If you guys want to source out a system for your car, and you find a good deal, and you do a group buy, don't expect this little duck to line up.
    Even if the kit cost $10 including tuning...
    I want to strip my car of weight, NOT add any...
    I want my engine to last, NOT bend a rod...
    This is only MY opinion of course. I say all this becoming frustrated for the simple fact of people wanting to sacrifice "fun" for "cost effectiveness". Once an LPG conversion is done to an MPS, it is no longer an "MPS"...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I think you may be putting the MPS on a pedestal - it's just a car like any other. Shouldn't matter what type of car it is (unless of course it's a super car). You've listed your goals for your car but it so happens that other people have other goals for theirs, no one person's goals is more correct than another. The same comments you're making towards others where if they want to add LPG then they bought the wrong car, can also apply to you - if you're modding your car, maybe it wasn't the right car for you in the first place? Why didn't you buy a purpose built sports car? Obviously I'm not looking for an answer to that question, I'm just saying just because we bought something, doesn't mean we can't change it in a way that benefits us.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I was just trying to make anyone aware that converting to dual fuel on an MPS will take the edge off of some of the reason I bought mine... Handling agility. They aren't the best around, but it's what makes it a sports hatch.
    If some people buy an MPS with no intention of skating some twists around a mountain, then I withdrawal my statements and say good luck. The other factor is engine. I'll just say, good luck.

Agreed... LPG tanks do weigh a fair bit :P (cut one up into a brazier once, worked really well heating a large area because it's a thick lump of metal... just took two people to move it!)

In all this though, if you're going to the extent of modding your fuel system to achieve economy, then you've got start looking at what the priorities of the car are... if you want performance more then economy then stick with regular old fuel... if you want economy with a hint of performance, buy a VW Golf GTD or Mazda3 Diesel... they're actually really nice cars to take on a spirited drive (just... don't redline them). The low down torque of a common-rail turbo diesel is awesome for quick point to point diving, the big fat bubble of torque is addictive (TBH, I really rate the Golf GTD... They're almost a perfect balance of performance and economy).

I'm not saying don't do the LPG conversion (actually kind of interested to see how it pans out), I'm just saying you can't really have your cake and eat it too, you just have to balance everything out.

Treasury officials confirmed this week in an estimates hearing that more than 600,000 taxis and motorists who ran their cars on gas would end up paying 20 per cent more for their fuel under the planned new tax on alternative fuels, to be phased in from December 1.

It will add 2.5c to the cost of a litre of LPG per year until a peak of 12.5c per litre by 2015 and will mean motorists who were encouraged to convert to LPG through generous government subsidies will end up paying more at the bowser.

LPG has been excise free for the past 20 years because of environmental benefits, with 13 per cent lower emissions than petrol, and to encourage regional development through lower fuel costs.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Well that sure does make a lot of sense.... wait a minute.... is this one of those political things where they back flip?

Yes we CAN-BERRA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Treasury officials confirmed this week in an estimates hearing that more than 600,000 taxis and motorists who ran their cars on gas would end up paying 20 per cent more for their fuel under the planned new tax on alternative fuels, to be phased in from December 1.

It will add 2.5c to the cost of a litre of LPG per year until a peak of 12.5c per litre by 2015 and will mean motorists who were encouraged to convert to LPG through generous government subsidies will end up paying more at the bowser.

LPG has been excise free for the past 20 years because of environmental benefits, with 13 per cent lower emissions than petrol, and to encourage regional development through lower fuel costs.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    LMMFAO!!!
    Ahhh Canberra, always ripping us off no-matter who is in parliament...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12