User Tag List

Thread: Ichiba Wheel Spacers

1. Default Ichiba Wheel Spacers

Hey guys, so i got some wheel spacers, I'm not exactly sure which fits what, so please check your bolt pattern and center bore, as these are hub centric! Widen your stance, and get a much more flush look

I have Version I and Version II available.
    Version I is spacers and extended studs (need to replace stock studs)
    Version II is spacers with pressed studs in them. (no need to replace)

Version I Spacer.
    Specs: 5x114.3
    Center Bore: 67.1
    Size
    5mm - MZ-52105 - $52.25
    10mm - MZ-52110 - $89.25
    15mm - MZ-52115 - $97.75

Version II Spacer
    Specs: 5x114.3
    Center Bore: 67.1
    Size
    15mm - WS-5511467A - $114.75
    20mm - WS-5511467B - $114.75
    25mm - WS-5511467C - $114.75

Specs: 4x100
    Center Bore: 54.1
    Size
    15mm - WS-5410054A- $114.75
    20mm - WS-5410054B - $114.75
    25mm - WS-5410054C - $114.75

NOTE: for Version II Spacers, you will need openings between the bolt openings for the studs to fit into, so the spacer sits flush /w the rim.

Here are some examples

Provide your postal code and i will get you a shipping quote.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!
    AdvanceSpeedShop.com | www.CarModDirect.com
    Address: 4961 Santa Anita Ave Unit H | Temple City, CA 91780
    Hours: Mon-Fri: 10AM-6PM PST | Phone: 626-279-7986
    Email: Jeff@advancespeedshop.com | AIM: advancespeedJeff
    Like us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advan...05086569525450

Cool Idea, but sadly Wheel Spacers are illegal here , was going to get some 10mm ones but yeah decided i was finally pushing the legal limit if i had them...

Cool shop thou

3. Default

really? they're illegal? thats no fun

Illegal due to saftey issues.
    1. lots of poor quality spacers on the market
    2. Pushing the weight further out from the wheel bearings put significant loads on them resulting in premature failure with a likely chance of causing a major accident.

You might still get some interest from one or two of the guys who take their cars to the drags or the circuit.

They're just not legal on the roads for the reasons Brad mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fulcrum man was saying that they are legal in Europe, those that have been TUV?? Approved. He actually liked them, says its a good way of increasing your track without the need for wider tyres.

So as far as saying they're dangerous, causing premature failure etc, didn't seem that way to him.

But I'm not an automotive engineer, so I can't say.

I'm looking for some of these in the future.
    I'll be sure to hit you up Jeff!

8. Default

just let me know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    ...So as far as saying they're dangerous, causing premature failure etc, didn't seem that way to him.
    But I'm not an automotive engineer, so I can't say.
    Well, I'm not an auto engineer either, but I would place a bet that hub-centric spacers would not have the breakage problem because the loads are still hub-centric.
    A spacer that diverts the loading to wheel studs etc is what can be dangerous.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper () here but if something happens accident wise and you have spacers on your cars you will NOT be covered. This is the only reason why i dont have any

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm not trying to be a party pooper () here but if something happens accident wise and you have spacers on your cars you will NOT be covered. This is the only reason why i dont have any
    I'm with you on that.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    +1 - RTA says no - but to balance that :
    If you are going to have your car engineering checked and certified- which can pass things like spacers if they want - then hub centric spacers would be a potential engineering pass whilst otherwise it's just a blanket no. Which is why they are not legal - but it may be possible to have hub centric's passed by inspection.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

13. Default

at least i know i can spark up a nice, civil online chat about something car related lol

Quote Originally Posted by advancespeedJEFF View Post
    at least i know i can spark up a nice, civil online chat about something car related lol
    unfortunately wheel fitment/legality is a rather hot topic here...

I don't want to be seen to be encouraging people to do unsafe or illegal things, but if they choose to fit these, they can.

It's been started that these are possibly unsafe, and could be considered illegal in some/all states, we also know there it's people who will do things because they want to, so can we leave it at that, and not let this turn into a slinging contest like so many wheel discussion topics.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Well, I'm not an auto engineer either, but I would place a bet that hub-centric spacers would not have the breakage problem because the loads are still hub-centric.
    A spacer that diverts the loading to wheel studs etc is what can be dangerous.
    In terms of the forces acting on the wheel bearings, the only thing the spacer achieves is to change the wheel offset. Spacers almost always place the offset outside the design capability of the wheel bearings - which means the bearings will fail.

I recently completed an engineering investigation of a vehicle that had a complete wheel and hub separation while driving at 80 km/h. It was repaired and failed again in exactly the same way less than 3 months later. The vehicle had significantly modified rear wheel offset - hence the recurring failure. My investigation found the relevant state road authority was negligent for having signed off on the modification contrary to their own regulations. If the report wasn't confidential I could show some very interesting photos of the failure.

There are genuine reasons for these things being illegal, and the last place I would use wheel spacers is on the race track where stresses are much higher than on the street. You might remember that a young girl was killed at a race track in Victoria when a wheel separated from a car and bounced over the fence into the spectator area.

Gone to Volvo

It's a shame you can't elaborate on your experiences Mal.
    Maybe then people will see the dangers associated with this modification.

Then again......probably not

Blog Entries

Yeah, there you go. It might be better than non-hub centric, but they'll always be a sub-standard solution - and if you want a subtle offset change, appropriate wheels are really the way to go. I didn't realise even a hubcentric solution will come apart if the bearings fail. I'm surprised that's a catastrophic failure mode. I thought the worst case is bearing failure...didn't consider wheels coming off because of that.