User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loads of Pictures and some more details of the new MPS (56K die!)

Need to see it in person, very agreesive approach.

The only think i have againts it, its that it can be confused by a peugeot.

Isn't the current model supposed to do 0-60 in 6.2 secs anyway? A bit of a let down there wasn't more improvment on that time. Don't see much point in trading up anymore ... I'll still wait until I can test drive one but looks like the new WRX is back on top of my to buy list... AWD and 0-60 in 5.3 sec thank you !

the 0-100 of 6.1 cant really do much better. its FWD and launch traction is hard. wrx can do quicker due to awd. and can be launched at 5k rpm and slammed.

rolling start i would say mps beats it.

i know my car is quicker than a Falcon FPV GT P. up to 150km then after that the big V8 comes in and roars past but until then the mps has it by a good few car lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by zackd View Post
    Isn't the current model supposed to do 0-60 in 6.2 secs anyway? A bit of a let down there wasn't more improvment on that time. Don't see much point in trading up anymore ... I'll still wait until I can test drive one but looks like the new WRX is back on top of my to buy list... AWD and 0-60 in 5.3 sec thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    wrx can do quicker due to awd. and can be launched at 5k rpm and slammed.

rolling start i would say mps beats it.
    This man, he knows.

PS: how comfortable would YOU be dialling up 5000+rpm and side stepping the clutch? I'd be worried about breaking something. In the real world the WRX nor many other cars are not that quick. Eg, EVO vs FPV F6, off the line the evo will get the jump when using a extreme lack of mechanical sympathy, but real world performance the F6 will walk the evo.
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

And Subaru have been known to deny powertrain warranty claims if they believe the car has been launched in this manner.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    the 0-100 of 6.1 cant really do much better. its FWD and launch traction is hard. wrx can do quicker due to awd. and can be launched at 5k rpm and slammed.
    I disagree.

If Maz went with Revoknuckle which enables more Torque, then we would have had a Ford RS bullet like MPS....

Unfortunately for Mazda, they really dont know how to put a "reliable" performance car together. They've had 3 chances at it, 2006, 2007 and 2008... 4th time (un)lucky you might say? Or is it a simple case of "too little, too late"?
    Last edited by Wardski; 04-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries

the reliable mazda performance cars I honestly think disappeared with the RX7s

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    the reliable mazda performance cars I honestly think disappeared with the RX7s
    They were reliable??

Won't buy one, will ttest drive the sh!t out of one though
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

9. Default

Maz might get confused when I rock up in an Evo X to test drive the MPS.....

10. Default

I reckon it will look good in black will hide the grin on the front.

Also the red does look like a metallic red not the pink/orange it currently comes in

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post

Also the red does look like a metallic red not the pink/orange it currently comes in
    Agreed Black would be the go, the more I see it, the more I am liking the look - and velocity red is the definitey the better red

Where do I sign?!

Love the new design/look...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Its good its got a lot of front vent space, but theres no FMIC to take advantage of it
    You may be surprised to know the intake area is actually smaller than the outgoing MPS.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    You may be surprised to know the intake area is actually smaller than the outgoing MPS.
    Pitty they couldnt fix the "smile" then... ugh... ugly

Doesn't look like there's enough improvement to justify changing to the new model from the old one, still not liking the grinning face!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post

I'd have to agree with you there BB...ugly in red...cant wait to see one in the flesh!!!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Doesn't look like there's enough improvement to justify changing to the new model from the old one, still not liking the grinning face!
    +1 Danski.. I fully agree.

I dont like the rear boot button..so I dont think I will be getting it.

I have my eyes on something else now.

2010 Renault Megane RS250

Specifically, the car’s new-generation 16-valve four employs a twin-scroll turbocharger to unleash 186kW at 5500rpm and 340Nm of torque from 3000rpm, with 80 per cent of maximum torque claimed to be available from 1900rpm.

Aesthetically, the RS250’s front bumper features a Formula One-like splitter and Audi-style LED daytime running lights, while extended wheel-arches and side sills, 18-inch alloy wheels and a chunky rear bumper comprising an air diffuser and central exhaust outlet complete the latest RS look.

Inside the RS250 reside sports seats with enhanced lateral bolstering, a visual and audible gearshift indicator built into the tacho, aluminium pedals and a Renaultsport steering wheel complete with thumb grips. Of course, there is also Renaultsport badging on the head restraints, tacho and dashboard.

Powered by a 186kW version of the French maker’s turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, which is the equivalent of 247bhp or 250ps (hence the name), the vivid yellow-coloured three-door Megane RS250 is the spiritual successor for Renault’s limited-edition 168kW Megane RS F1 Team R26.
    Happy Motoring
    duglet

I like the look of that Dugster

Maybe one day we'll end up driving the same model car...

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Pitty they couldnt fix the "smile" then... ugh... ugly
    Stolen from OMC:
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast