User Tag List

Thread: K&N Filter

Default K&N Filter

I'm using a COBB SRI / TIP and wanted to know if there was any advantage of replacing the pod filter with a K&N pod filter.

Is there any difference?

Cheers!

It's basically personal preference, it won't really make any difference.

Possibly a very small difference in intake noise, but thats about it.

I wouldn't waste the money.

Depending on where you live you may get defected for having an oiled filter on an EFI car (if the police officer is aware of that detail)

Otherwise, no real difference, just watch how much oil you apply to any K&N you get. Too much can dirty your MAF and IAT sensors quicker than usual.

I converted from the standard dry-flow filter (on the CP-E CAI kit). There is a slight difference that I noticed but this was only really evident toward high RPM (above 4,500RPM) anything below that and its just a difference in noise. My train of thought it that at high RPM the K&N with its larger surface area and perhaps minimal resistance through the filter offered slight better performance and general breathing. I was happy and haven't gone back to the dry flow since. I also got a good deal on my K&N so it was well worth it for me.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I see I see!

Thanks for the info! I'll stick with the trusty filter I have now

6. Default

When it gets old, replace it with a BMC Pod filter. Same price as the K&N but a bit better flow and fully washable :-D. I have one of their replacement panel filters on my car, made a bit of difference.

I would steer clear of the oiled foam filters all together.
    When the dirt gets inside the foam cells, a turbo car can suck the dirt in further.