User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My ported intake manifold...

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...trol+injection

Due to the way direct injection works atomisation is no longer an issue compaired to port injection which where alot of torque has been gained, the stratergy with 2 ports per cyl was to try and create earlier response and torque which is not a strong point of earlier turbo engines.

Although im sure the shutter valves do exactly what they are designed to do they fail, what I mean by fail is that the same result can be seen by removing them and port matching to remove the problems in flow in the port runners. Air flow, air speed and temperature is all effected and soon I hope to have the flow results of my cylider head so these things can be seen. The inlet will no doubt have an effect to these readings. It food for thought.

2. Default

If i recall my machinist said that my head will flow about 250 cfms vs about 210 i believe stock..

HERE is STOCK

And HERE IS MY HEAD... Sorry for not using a caliper to measure this with. I was in a hurry when i thought about doing this but you can see the BIIIGGG difference in the ports!!!

The first speed6 to the low 12s
    First to hit the low 1.6 60ft
    P3 Performance (record for the first 400 hp speed ever)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12