User Tag List

Thread: GenII boost gauge (??)

1. Default GenII boost gauge (??)

Recently had my 30K service done at a Mazda service dept. To me the car feels down on power after getting it back. Not sure if this is just due to becoming used to it over time or not.

One thing I have noticed is that in 2nd gear, it is now very rare that the boost guage lights up the top bar. I know that these cars have boost restricted in first few gears but I'm sure that previously I've never noticed it on the gauge. I know that previously in 2nd gear it used to light up all the way.

1st gear only seems to light up half way, although I can't say that previously I've taken much notice of how it behaved in first gear as far as the gauge showed.

So any GenII owners with stock car able to tell me how their boost gauge behaves in 1st/2nd gears?

Heh looks like you too have been struck down by that awful ECU update.

When I got my 10000k service done a similar thing happenned to me. I convinced myself it was just me but these stories are becoming too common.

Same thing happened to me after my 10k service. Feels like the car had a 'de-tune'.

Any mods ? With my SRI fitted, a quick battery disconnect and then let the ECU 're-learn' what was unlearnt and things should settle after a couple of hundred KMs.

I've since also replaced my BOV with a 2XS BOV, which holds boost much better...so the bars on the boost gage always light up

This is the first I've heard of this.

So what happens? Do they basically slow your car down with the ECU update?

Got my 10,000k service coming up soon. How do I prevent this from happening?

Yeah I think they did it to mine as well at the 30,000 km service

at 40,000 km service they appear to have adjusted again for the better.
    Last edited by BlueMPS; 03-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Da Da dada!

Another reason to goto Tunehouse me thinks...

I think that'll be an Christmas Pressy to myself... Flash Tune

Had a gandy at mine on the drive home from work - 1st, 2nd & 3rd make it all the way to 1 Bar (ie. Full guage). Take no time getting there either. CES/2XS SRI and 2XS Twin DP might be doing something

8. Default

Thanks for the replies all..

Fark me.. Now I'm pissed off & dunno what to do about it in the short term.

Have monitored it over the last few days going to and from work. And it definitely seems down on power. The best I can get out of 2nd gear is maybe a flicker on the top bar if I'm lucky.

Mine has 15000 on the clock and is stock in terms of engine

1st only gets halfway. Can't tell you if it's always been like that though

2nd consistently gets full 1bar until about 5000 rpm or so, then It drops one notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 05-05-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Will check mine tonight when I drive it, will give it the beans in 1st and 2nd.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I will as well. Just had my 40k service.

Hey guys i have just had a chat to the guys in service where i work (mandurah Mazda) and they say all they do at 10000 is oil change and filter change and look for any updates on the MSD but he said it will not affect your car in anyway... he also said u all must be just getting used to the power haha

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hey guys i have just had a chat to the guys in service where i work (mandurah Mazda) and they say all they do at 10000 is oil change and filter change and look for any updates on the MSD but he said it will not affect your car in anyway... he also said u all must be just getting used to the power haha
    I hope you're right Macca cause I'll be one angry lady if anything is different.

if im not let me know cause ill be investigating it ?? kk

My 1 has been tuned by MRT and when I give it stick it goes all the way to top of gauge and holds in 2nd. 3rd boost comes in heaps easier and again full. I get mine serviced at a mates workshop and I do most of it myself.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

if im not let me know cause ill be investigating it ?? kk

Macca I like your AVATAR !!! I have seen that somewhere else.

bahaha yer i had it cause i hadent taken delevery of my car i am changing it soon but good pic though ey

I checked this again last nite and no problems here - infact, wheel spin in 1st & 2nd (under full throttle).

bahaha yer i had it cause i hadent taken delevery of my car i am changing it soon but good pic though ey
    Great picture mate.