User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subaru upper engine cleaner

1. Default Subaru upper engine cleaner

Hey guys looking at using this on the mazda mps instead of the deep creep seafoam I have been hearing about in the us which I can't find here. Apparently this is similar and does a good job without having to take the whole IM off.

I've seen them go for $10 and even $8 each on other forums. Which they sell in a box of 12 cans or half the box. These at dealer ships go for around $20

If someone has them I may get a box

Thanks

Let me know if you get hold of some. I'll be needing for my next service.

I remember Holden selling these many years ago. Was good stuff in my Datsun.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Let me know if you get hold of some. I'll be needing for my next service.
    yeh no worries man i'll post it up and pm you as soon as i can find someone with this deal....

Also try quicksilver/ mercury POWER TUNE, same shit as subaru, you might find it easier to get?

6. Default

mmm, it's that good huh? I have a bottle that the dealer left last service in my WRX, before it got wrtten off by a red light runner....

Might have to give it a try!

C

7. Default

Yeh man apparently one of the strongest stuff out there for us in aus that can compare to that sea foam stuff.

just remember this will very like foul up your plugs in cleaning process (all that carbon and crap has to go somewhere!) so you ideally you run it BEFORE a plug change

Ice

+1 if you find some...

Chris.

10. Default

Check out Rexnet. The guys sell it by the box load there. Good stuff. I have my own stash :-)

The Subaru fuel cleaner is also very very good!

11. Default

Yeh guys I ended getting some off a mate I have 3 boxes left that contain 12 cans. $120 per box.
    This stuff is amazing I used it on my gf's BMW today and it used to idle funny and vibrate alot. After using it it runs smooth and sounds better. saves me from buying what I thought it was an engine mount lol

Only for people who are in Sydney pick up only.

Thanks guys

my forester gets a hit of this stuff every service and runs like a dream there after.... about $16-$20 a can usually ... you use a whole can per cleaning process.

13. Default

Yeh thats true 1 can per use... on the instructions it says warm engine then spray half of the can in te intake let it sit 5mins then start car and then spray the rest in one of the vac hoses near the throttle body till empty.
    It will try and stall but just get someone to keep the revs up. Then if your car is filthy then watch the smoke show come from your exhaust.

15. Default

used to get them from Zupps's service centre when I had the rex

a mechanic recommended this to me... and both he and I use it often now and has had good results and the can has about double the amount of the subaru can and is about $13-14 from bursons... apparently some repcos may stock it also... Threebond Engine Cleaner.. i definately recommend it...

Threebond

Quote Originally Posted by markeymagz View Post
    Yeh thats true 1 can per use... on the instructions it says warm engine then spray half of the can in te intake let it sit 5mins then start car and then spray the rest in one of the vac hoses near the throttle body till empty.
    It will try and stall but just get someone to keep the revs up. Then if your car is filthy then watch the smoke show come from your exhaust.
    How would one do this process on a MPS lol? I would know how to do it on my XR6 cause its easy to access throttle body and inlet on the mps its a bit more difficult.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

18. Default

There is some info that I have seen that they use the hose leadin from the brakebooster to TB which evenly spreads it to all ports. I think it is the hose with the red clip on the throttle body.

ive used the brake booster vacuum line on all the cars, but i would still recommend taking the hose off the throttle body and giving that a clean around there first, before spraying it through the brake booster...

I need to do this to my car. Anyone know where I can find some in the A.C.T?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast