User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Spudpec

Default Hi from Spudpec

Hello everyone.
    I am not really an internet person, but I am here to say hi and get some feedback from the MPS community.
    I have a 2006 MPS 6 in radiant Ebony. best car I have ever owned, It is the sensible family car, replacing my ss Ute. no Mods as yet, but it has a diff wine at 75-80kph, only at that speed, anyone else heard of this? Mazda told me it was tyres, but new tyres and the noise is exactly the same. anyways, Do you do regular cruises/track days etc? I can't wait to get this thing on the track, But the Missus and Kid probably won't like that... yet..

looking forward to meeting some people with similar interests.
    cheers
    Spud

Hi Spud.. good to see another 6 MPS in WA... we greatly out number the 3's. Diff whine at that speed in fairly common. I have it. If you lift the handbrake slightly it will go away because the rear diff is disengaged so it's nothing to do with the tyres. I dont think the whine is a major problem, more annoying then anything else.

I can't recall any track days (though i'd be up for that) but we do have the occasional cruise. I think one is currently planned for the 11/06/11

G'day Spud.

Welcome.
    Nice car, great colour. I'll keep an eye out for you.
    The whine doesn't seem too uncommon. Mine cones and goes, but it doesn't worry me at all.
    Join us on a cruise some time.

Pete.

to ozmps
    good to see WA has continued the tradition of 6MPS members
    hope you enjoy the forums and your car

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate,

Welcome, hopefully see you on the road.

Hello and Welcome

G'day spud and welcome, we'll have to get you out on one of our cruises

Welcome to the fourms :

Hi spud. The diff whine is common in the 6MPS, it's a harmonic generated by the electronic operation of the diff coupling. It's usually not a gear tooth noise like the one you hear in a taxi. If you can bring yourself to do it, the best way to deal with it is probably to just accept it as part of the character of the car. Replacing the diff has been tried many times but the noise almost always comes back. Or you could go for a ride in my car with solid diff mounts and conclude yours doesn't sound so bad after all.

Gone to Volvo

Diff mounts make it worse?

The firmer diff mounts transfer more of the noise into the structure. It really howls when I nail it. Sounds a bit like a dog box, I quite like it.

13. Default

Welcome spud and enjoy your new sexy MPS6, such a nice colour too. You are definately in the right state with great roads and an awesome bunch of people

14. Default

Yay! i dont have this issue! *phew*

Welcome Spud, enjoy your MPS and the forums, would be good to meet you at the next cruise

16. Default

Chris just noticed your fuelly in your Golf, you must be quite enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Chris just noticed your fuelly in your Golf, you must be quite enjoying it
    Enjoying it immensely (something must be wrong with the throttle - it keeps wanting to go hard )

Though the consumption has come down a bit due to a nice country drive, maybe need another cruise soon to burn some more 98
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Thanks everyone for saying Hi. Only get on the pc every now and then. I am seriously looking forward to adding a few options in the future, first thing though, I need to put a towbar on it, has anyone done that here? I know one guy who has one, but I cannot get hold of him.
    looking forward to a cruise. cheers

Blackbetty knows about fitting a towbar, but if you just want to carry a bike, look up rogwick's excellent invention.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Blackbetty knows about fitting a towbar, but if you just want to carry a bike, look up rogwick's excellent invention.
    I think you mean Toddy's excellent invention http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...e-carrier.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast