User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation network

Default Playstation network

Hey guys whats happend to the playstation network .... dose anyone know whan itll be back up and running ??

XboxLIVE is working fine

Maybe GEOHOT is breaking his court settlement and truely F*^King sony now :P

they turned it off on wednesday night due to it getting hacked and they needed to investigate and fix the problem. kind of sucks that its been offline for so long

6. Default

Yes it sucks they have taken the appropriate approach to their systems being hacked.

Not being able to play online for a week or more is a lot less hassle than having your credit card details stolen.

O ok that makes sence anyone know wen itll b bak online ??

lol just realized that's its been offline haha

Shame cause been waiting to play killzone 3 online too

yer i went to play COD4 today cause i havent played it in ages and it was down pretty bumed but i hope no1 got there info like credit card info and that stolen

Suffering withdrawal affects from no COD Black ops :P
    Kinda convenient over the Easter break though - has meant that i've got out and about instead of hibernating inside

Update released today says hackers might have gotten date of birth, names, addresses, even credit card details

I hate it when I cant use Playstation Network and forced to use Xbox Live

The Hacker group responsible are more interested in ****ing over Sony, and DMCA, etc, etc, its something to do with iPhone hacker GEOHOT and his court case with Sony and blah blah blah

they are probably going to hack the NZ govt website today also due to the latest law passed by the NZ Govt completely outlawing Torrenting etc...

Lucky for me i dont game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    The Hacker group responsible are more interested in ****ing over Sony, and DMCA, etc, etc, its something to do with iPhone hacker GEOHOT and his court case with Sony and blah blah blah

they are probably going to hack the NZ govt website today also due to the latest law passed by the NZ Govt completely outlawing Torrenting etc...

Lucky for me i dont game :P
    mmm, that court case went massive...
    is it "annoymous"? i havent read anywhere about a statement from the hacker group...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

yeah its Annonymous its been all over the news here today...

Check your Credit cards, they stole 70 millions users information. had one friend already got stung... this doesn't look like anonyomous but if you look at the security of the psn network, they didn't check of CFW hacks and they got stung bad.

The initial breach was anonymous, the court case is over the legality of installing alternative operating systems on the PS3 (Linux).
    It was sold and marketed that this was okay, but apparently recent updates have removed the functionality, and anyone with alternative firmware etc have been perm banned from PSN.

Just received my official email from Sony,

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;
    Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
    Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at au.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

also moved thread to Tech Corner
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

yer i never buy over ps network i hate giving out credit card info... my mate got hit to apparently... Hopefully they fix it soon

Apparently they only had access to the actual card number, not the exp date or security code.
    Will just have to wait and see, my card was used fraudulently late last year, wasn't a big deal disputing the transaction, the biggest hassle was after the bank cancelled the card I had to get in contact with everyone who direct debits to give them the new details.

Luckily I haven't played much of Crysis 2, so I can battle my way through the campaign on that if I get bored.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast