User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation network

People, i recommend that even if you haven't got effected by the hack yet and you do have your credit card information saved to your account, that you report your credit card stolen.

Even though they haven't taken money out of it yet, they have the information to do so.

Haha i have just started playin cod4 all over again just because of pure bordem haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    People, i recommend that even if you haven't got effected by the hack yet and you do have your credit card information saved to your account, that you report your credit card stolen.

Even though they haven't taken money out of it yet, they have the information to do so.
    That is one thing they are advising people not to do, Australian law protects us against unlawful credit card transactions, so even if you do have a dodgy transaction on your card you just need to dispute it with your bank.
    The card number data on the credit card server was allegedly encrypted, the associated names, expiry dates and security codes were on another server. The biggest issue seems to be that personal data, real names, user names & passwords, address details etc were stored on an unencrypted server (which seems to have taken the brunt of the attack), the biggest concern seems to be the possibility of identity theft.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

wow that would suck haveng ur identity stollen... has anyone hurd if they caught them yet??

The wonders of SQL and TDE....
    The usernames and passwords should have been an encrypted columns too.

hopefully they get some extra trophies for me

Haha thats a good way to look at it

Sony: some PSN data encrypted, hardware moving to new location
    In terms of your credit card information and password, Seybold repeated our advice to search for an e-mail from "DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net," which will give you the first and last digits of the credit card you have on file with Sony. A coming update will prompt you to change your password when you log back into the PlayStation Network.
    as per jmac:
    Another interesting revelation is the fact that some of the data was encrypted, and some wasn't. "The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack," Seybold wrote. He also pointed out that the information was behind both physical and electronic safeguards, which means the attack may have been carried out by an employee.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

9. Default

Yeah, Aust is back up last night, all ok now

Good to hear, I did a system software update yesterday arvo, but the PSN itself wasn't back up at that stage, will have to check it out tonight, I miss Black Ops.

yer im just tryin to get bak on now but i have to change my password and its becoming really difficult.... im starting to become annoyed

Seriously? ? what kind of an error message on a PS3 is that?

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

Seriously? ? what kind of an error message on a PS3 is that?

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    at that error message

Hahahahah!

The PS3 equivalent of "This page left intentionally blank"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it back up and working yet?

its working but its taking ages to change my password

It took a while for me to update passwords on both my accounts last night (AUS & US), was a bit slow logging in, but worked fine once it was connected, managed to get a round of Black Ops in with no issues.

Yer i havent even receved the email to change my password yet

It's alive.... but no store >.<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast