User Tag List

Thread: Hyperflow Mazda3 MPS SRI?? Anyone used one???

1. Default Hyperflow Mazda3 MPS SRI?? Anyone used one???

How are these hyperflow SRI compared to Cokrsport or 2xs etc?

I want MAX air flow plus MAX induction spool noise? any ideas on which way i should go?

MZR SRI: sweet induction noise!any of us here run with one of these.

check eBay or give Tim (DISIMS3) a PM.

An un boxed sri will give maximum noise

4. Default

Thanks! I have checked ebay but nothing, & have PMd that guy..so I'll see

Want to buy either the 2XS sri or the Hyperflow one, but, im assuming its just the type of AIR FILTER that makes the induction spool noise & not the small 3" inlet pipe that feeds the air in?

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    MZR SRI: sweet induction noise!any of us here run with one of these.

check eBay or give Tim (DISIMS3) a PM.

More or less, the SRI makes all the noise, the inlet pipe just allows more airflow.

As far as comparisons go, the Corksport TIP is very narrow for an aftermarket one. For max airflow I am pretty sure the CP-e one is the biggest that can fit in our engine bay. Then most unboxed SRI's will be about the same noise wise.

6. Default

Awesome thansk Reedy

might try out this Hyperflow SRI out as there in stock, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    More or less, the SRI makes all the noise, the inlet pipe just allows more airflow.

As far as comparisons go, the Corksport TIP is very narrow for an aftermarket one. For max airflow I am pretty sure the CP-e one is the biggest that can fit in our engine bay. Then most unboxed SRI's will be about the same noise wise.

If you want huge intake noise, i recommend getting an intake with as much alloy material as possible.

I've got the Mazdaspeed CAI and 2XS TIP and it sounds very much like a jet engine. An metal TIP may heat up more then the CP-E rubber ones but when air is flowing that quickly through it really shouldn't get that hot... Maybe cost you 1 -3 kw lol.

If it's noise you want look at CAI reviews. Either CP-E or Mazdaspeed.

8. Default

I have a hyperflow SRI, its an oiled foam one (not sure if all their ones are like that) most ppl on here though I think dont like the oiled ones they perfer the dry paper ones

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I have a hyperflow SRI, its an oiled foam one (not sure if all their ones are like that) most ppl on here though I think dont like the oiled ones they perfer the dry paper ones
    In Vic, oiled air cleaners are illegal on EFI cars (EPA Guidelines). Dry type only are allowed. Not sure about the other states though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Ive got the 2XS SRI - Awesome induction noise - Troy is well known on this forum for his technical ability on the MPS - 100% Queensland made (with exception of the K&N Pod itself).

Also, Troy (2XS) is a site vendor.

Totally recommend any of his products!

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    In Vic, oiled air cleaners are illegal on EFI cars (EPA Guidelines). Dry type only are allowed. Not sure about the other states though.

Why are the oiled air cleaners illegal ? are they not good ?
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Not sure of the reason Mel