User Tag List

Thread: mps cut out fuse blown car wont start help?!?!

Default mps cut out fuse blown car wont start help?!?!

hi guys

A few nights a go i was driving home after beating a vz ss commodore ute...
    i was driving normal after that and i changed from second to third gear and my car completely died, so i got it towed that night to a work shop.. in the morning went to the work shop was sussing it out with the mechanic he plugged his cel readeer thingy to my car andit mentioned something about my crankshaft recieving low voltage.. any who to the point, all it was was a fuse which had blown, 15 amp fuse, in the cover, (under the fuse box lid) it comes up as 'engine bar 1'.. the same thing happened tome again on the way home from work so i checked the fuse and it was blown again..

few things i have noticed about my car now
    1- it idles really low
    2- while im driving if im rolling and put the clutch in the rpm needle like wobbles (video below)
    3- once the car is at a stop as soon as i tap the accelerator my interior lights and headlight go brighter for a split second.

only mods i have is a tip and sri and suspension but i doubt thats got anything todo with it...

has anyone had a similar issue? or has anyone got any ideas wat this is?

YouTube - IMG_0848.MOV

YouTube - IMG_0849.MOV

Thanks in advance

this is one of the cels i get - Camshaft actuator control low voltage
    Last edited by turkminator; 21-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Bugger mate

A fuse that blows consistently, to me, indicates there's a short somewhere on your electrical system and/or a component that's not acting right and freaking out the ECU.

Have you driven through any big puddles recently or has any part of your engine bay gotten wet?

My first thought would be to get an auto electrician to have a look and try to trace any shorts

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Nah Matey no puddles or engine bay hasn't gotten wet.. I wanna see what I can gather first and then that's my next step.. I'm gonna buy a dh soon so I'll be able to read the cels and see if anything funny happens while I'm driving.. It makes me so sad

If you have a bad alternator, it will cause the voltage drop, it may even cause voltage spikes to blow fuses.

Either that or a bad battery. I think most workshops can suss out both options for a very small fee, if at all.

I know the battery is still an oem one and the first time the changed the fuse at the work shop the guy said he charged it.. The thing I don't understand is why the did the fuse relating to the camshaft go?

Found this. This guy's prob was related to water, but sounds like the symptoms are similar to yours

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ine-bay-75241/

Hope this helps

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    I know the battery is still an oem one and the first time the changed the fuse at the work shop the guy said he charged it.. The thing I don't understand is why the did the fuse relating to the camshaft go?
    The cam sensor will just be reading low voltage from the power supply.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.