User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What car after a Mazda 6 MPS

Default What car after a Mazda 6 MPS

Hi all, thank you all for your welcome to the group.

As you may know I have recently had my MPS written off. I just don't know if I should replace it with another, or something different. Insurance payout is ok, so I am looking at spending around $35K.

I drove an RX-8 yesterday - was ok but doesn't have alot of space. I have two kids, but it would not be our family drive car. I loved the speed, space and luxury I had.

I am considering test driving an SS, a Civic Type R .... any comments or suggestions?

2. Default

SS Civic ... get another MPS6 easy for that amount of money

Type R Civic...not really a family car...and you will be very very disappointed with the pulling power 198Nm...your 6MPS had 98% more torque.

As for the SS....loose value...over rated..and really just a family car with bodykit and half decent suspension.

I would either look for a similar 6MPS...or wait for the new 3MPS.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Steal an 07 MPS6 from a dealership cheap.... brand new run out price.. there are still some around!

Would they all be on carsales.com ? I can only find a white one... don't like white. I know you are in Brissy.... any particular dealers I should see?

hmmmm unsure atm.... ill keep my eye out.. ill be in there next week so yeah... ill do a lil research for you then.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

there were some red ones about a month ago
    MAZDA 6 Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

try that.. a few there id pick....
    Latool- far from normal

easy!

3 MPS

3 2 small... plus - its a nice car but a down grade.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sparkee View Post
    Would they all be on carsales.com ? I can only find a white one... don't like white. I know you are in Brissy.... any particular dealers I should see?
    White MPS6's look damn hot with some dark tinting and nice black/dark rims on them
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

sparkee, another 6MPS would be simplest option, or as others have posted, the new 3MPS (dimensionally it's a little larger than the current one) and you'd probably only sacrifice boot space

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    3 2 small... plus - its a nice car but a down grade.
    How is been faster a downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post

AWD drivers don't have the skills to handle a FWD. Give him a break.

Dude, go the new SS-V Sportwagon!

15. Default

Go straight for the STi or EVOs mate. Especially since u have kids. =)

Maybe a VW Passat R36 or CC or even the Falcon G6E turbo , ciassy looking cars IMO

Size deary not speed.... i went from 3 - 6 for size only

I was looking at the Passat, nice car. Why EVO or STi, especially for kids? Are they safer? I thought MPS had more safety gear, and more luxury options.

A similar discussion was recently had here....

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/other...-car-next.html

If you can afford it I think the R36 is the nearest you can get to an MPS6 replacement. Noticed the SS is on your list. As much it pains me to say it, the SS is compelling as a combination family and performance car. Not as quick as an MPS but if you can get past the boganism and the iffy build quality there's enough driving satisfaction that you'll never get bored with it. And there's probably no other car (under $150K) that will get you to your destination feeling less fatigued than an SS.
    Last edited by kmh001; 03-03-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    A similar discussion was recently had here....

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/other...-car-next.html

If you can afford it I think the R36 is the nearest you can get to an MPS6 replacement. Noticed the SS is on your list. As much it pains me to say it, the SS is compelling as a combination family and performance car. Not as quick as an MPS but if you can get past the boganism and the iffy build quality there's enough driving satisfaction that you'll never get bored with it. And there's probably no other car (under $150K) that will get you to your destination feeling less fatigued than an SS.
    Now why should it pain you to recommend the SS? I had my order in for an SS-V Wagon with 6-speed manual, until the price of fuel went through the roof. That was when I found the MPS 3!
    I drove the sedan (as they are the same wheel base), and was absolutely smitten by it! The wagon is a very sexy looking machine, especially in that Kermit Green!
    The SS-V is a very nicely finished car, and the wagon has heaps of extras standard that the sedan does not - reversing sensors etc.
    We are still considering trading the wife's Maxx Sport in on one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast