User Tag List

Thread: New Phone

Default New Phone

I should purchase a new phone but I have one issue.

I need a phone that indicates that a call is a Diverted call.

Ie I have a business number which gets diverted to the mobile most of the time and when a business call comes through I want to know that it is a business call.

I upgraded last time to find out the new phone did not have this function, you could play playstation from it but as a phone it was lacking. So went back to my old phone.

Does anyone know of any of the new phones(that i should look at) that would have this divert function?

2. Default

never heard of that function, almost sounds like it would be a network (carrier) feature.

C

Thanks Callumgw,

I can guarantee it is phone depend not network depend.

Doing research looks like the new software does not support it but someone appears to have got an app for HTC phones to make it work.

Hey pete, done a bit of research, neither android nor iphone support this feature natively...

Based on the nature of the os's there MIGHT be an app in android to do it, but unlikely to be one in iOS

Nokia's seem to be able to do it, will see what I can find for blackberry and windows phone 7

Thanks Sam,

I sent an email to Nokia who say their phones do not have this. I know their old phones did.

I find it annoying that the new phones do not have the simple features. It is still a phone after all.

phone wont generaly say diverted from.. it will come from the "directory number " if in a company or from the PSTN number.

7. Default

Unfortunately, there is no available mobile phone that would address your need here. I think that this feature is up to the phone company. If you want this to be taken out, I suggest that you disable the call forward divert from your base phone. Though that would defeat the purpose of being available for call even with the business hours done already.

Buy a shit phone to divert to? Easy to know which call is which and you can turn it off and still get personal calls lol!

That looks like the way. Carry a work and personal phone during business hours.

I do not like the look, o well it might have to do..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post

Pain I know, but some of the older style nokias are small! (and cheap)
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post

Or get yourself a phone capable of holding dual SIM cards

http://www.mobicity.com.au/phone-cat...im-phones.html

(I don't endorse these guys, they just came up on the Google search )

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now